Home

Sports Game of the Decade: Most Innovative Feature

This is a discussion on Sports Game of the Decade: Most Innovative Feature within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2010, 03:56 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Sports Game of the Decade: Most Innovative Feature

Gold: Online Play

Sports gaming started becoming stale a few years back. It was becoming monotonous to the point where it wasn't even fun anymore. With franchise modes as deep as a game of tic-tac-toe, the single player sports gaming community was a dying breed. Then online happened. XBOX Live and Playstation Network have helped not only sports games, but video games across the globe. Not only has online helped with the gaming experience, but it has allowed friends and family to be able to play a game of Madden while being 4,000 miles apart. It is more than a game mode, it's a source of communication in today's society.

Silver: Online Dynasties

Though one of the newer features to be seen in any game, online Dynasties have quickly become a sports gamer's preferred mode of play. Finding a core group of players to organize and plan a league through the internet is nothing short of a great feeling. Of course the success of the league will be based off of how dependable the players are to make their game time, but regardless, the fact of being able to set this up has people excited and looking forward to future dynasties with many more features.

Readers Choice: Career/Superstar Modes

This was a strange race, with a lot of features getting a lot of votes from the readers. The Career/Superstar Modes were the favorite, but only slightly with 17% of the total vote. 2K Share received 13% of the vote while Online Play and 'Live' updates each received the exact same amount of votes at 12%.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2010, 04:30 PM   #2
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Going with "Online Play" seems like a catch-all cop-out to me. Console sports games have had simple online play since 2001 (NFL 2K1, EA later brought online play onto consoles into Madden 2003), and nearly every sports game since has had an online component; it's an expectation at this point. Why not point out something specific, like online team play in NHL / FIFA? Ultimate Team in any of EA Sports' games? Road to The Show (MLB series)? My Player (NBA 2K)?

Perhaps I'm taking the feature for granted, but that's my opinion. Online in-and-of itself isn't an innovation to me, what a company might do with that resource is innovative. I am glad you specifically called out EA's excellent Online Dynasty feature in NCAA Football 11, however; that's an example of what I'd call innovative.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:43 PM   #3
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
i agree with you krioniq but i guess just the innovation of being able to play online in the 1st place is enough for them. I'm not an online person. When i first got Madden on next gen i played maybe 5 online games and then never played online again until a couple years ago a player i coached in football wanted to play me in NCAA so we'd play every now & then. But other than COD, i dont even touch online.

I think Online dynasty is prob the biggest innovation though because it allows those that do enjoy playing online, to still be able to play a season type mode with other online players instead of just single games.

But like you said online is so vague that of course it would win. With online you include things like online dynastys, roster sharing and everything else that goes along with it. But i got a little chuckle that online and superstar modes are both 2 things i never even use (other than getting rosters).
Old 11-30-2010, 08:40 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0
—ONLINE STORE—:
We need your support and trust!!! Dear friends, please temporarily stop your footsteps To our website Walk around A look at , in your sight shopping heaven and earth You’ll find our price is more suitable for you.
Welcome to our website ==== ( w w w ) . (etradinglife) . ( com ) ==input on your web
Thanks to the support!

Sunglass $15=

Ed Hardy Bikini $23=

Smful short_t-shirt_woman $15 =

ed hardy short_tank_woman $16

Sandal $32

christian louboutin $80

COACH_Necklace $27

handbag $33

AF tank woman $17

puma slipper woman $30

( w w w ) . (etradinglife) . ( com ) ==input on your web

╭⌒╭⌒ ★ ╮╭⌒╮~╭⌒
☆ ╭⌒╮ ╭⌒
★∴ ☆
☆ ====( w w w ) . (etradinglife) . ( com ) == input on your web
╭⌒╮⌒╮★∵╭⌒ ★∴ ☆
╱◥██◣ ☆
|田|田田│ ☆ ★
╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »