Home

Top 10 Sports Gaming Controllers of All Time

This is a discussion on Top 10 Sports Gaming Controllers of All Time within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2010, 10:36 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
Yep, same here. I logged tons of hours playing Madden 2000 on N64, but the controller always irked me. That tiny freaking analog stick seems so crappy when you look at analog control now, and became obsolete when Sony came w/ Dual Shock controls.

I'd have to say the PS2 would be my #1, with 360 at #2. Even though now I can't even use PS2/PS3 controller, I've become so accustomed to the 360.

Never really was a big fan of the Dreamcast controller either.
N64 was ok for stuff like Zelda & Golden Eye, but I too felt like it was inadiquate for sports games. I remember playing QB Club and just hating it because of the controller, and i would get so frustrated playing games like 1080 because that little joystick made doing the tricks so difficult.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:29 AM   #34
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34
I despised the N64 controller as well. I would always try to hold it from the outsides of the controller and stretch my thumb to the analog stick (which was a disaster) and I could never get access to the Z button. I'd always be like "How do you do ____" and he'd be like "Press the Z button." Then I'd have to look all over the controller to figure out it was underneath it.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:07 PM   #35
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28
I'd agree with the list except for #1. The NES can't win all debates on sentimentality alone as it always seems to do, but for whatever reason it does.

With that said, I feel the 360 controller is the best of the bunch right now in terms of response, size, and ergonomics. The PS3 controller has been the exact same since PSOne except add-ons but in the end it's still far too small and uncomfortable after even a short while.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2010, 01:29 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 2
I actually liked the original Xbox controller, guess I was the only one, ever. On this list though I'd go 360 and dreamcast as my top 2.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:27 PM   #37
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41
I prefer the xbox controler over the ps3 controller it was my tie breaker in the console purchase 2 years ago
Old 12-07-2010, 10:02 PM   #38
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrUrsus
Atari 5200 controller was the best. NOT!
What do you mean? It was like a joystick protruding from a telephone. What more could you ask for?
Old 12-08-2010, 07:04 AM   #39
Pro

OVR: 22
NES nr 1 ?Hahah, worst maybe.
BListers and too small.
PS2 and Xbox360 were the best. And N64 so high?
Nostalgia seems to be the voting , not best controller ...
Old 12-08-2010, 03:57 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 5
I would say Original XBOX BIG joystick is #2... I have big hands so it's perfect for me

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »