Home

OS Roundtable: What Will Be the Story of 2011 for Sports Gaming?

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: What Will Be the Story of 2011 for Sports Gaming? within the Operation Sports Content forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content
FIFA 19 Review
NHL 19 Review
NBA 2K19 Review

Old 12-22-2010, 02:28 AM   #41
Banned

Blue Line's Arena

OVR: 2
biggest story of the year....ea will no longer make madden football games, instead they will focus exclusively on making movies and will release madden curse trilogy.

nba elite will attempt to make a comeback and as a result will break the record for least games ever sold for the next gen system.

2k will announce a football comeback, however it won't be released till the following year thus making 2012 the year for great news.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2010, 04:12 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 3
College Hoops 2k revived would be off the chain....but the biggest news would be the revival of NFL 2K series with licenses, that would blow the minds off people! Can you imagine M Vick on a 2K game? The return of a real ESPN integration of commentary and halftime highlights and Super Bowl presentation by 2K would rock the industry.
Old 12-24-2010, 12:43 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 0
I am ready for 2K to come back with the NFL, like NFL2K5. Also would like to see College Hoops back by 2K also.
Old 12-25-2010, 12:10 PM   #44
Rookie

I have come to the point where I expect to be disappointed by madden. Sans an online license, EA provides very little to repurchase the same title year after year. After listening to an entire podcast of Ian Cummings, I would be surprised if a major renovation to the offline madden franchise mode is even possible. I expect a couple minor changes, but nothing major.

What I don't understand is how is the Madden 07 franchise mode better than the 2011 version? Major changes need to be made to how the PC teams act in the offseason and the draft. There are still some glaring flaws in gameplay (IE broken tackles, and fumbles).

I would love to see end of exclusive licenses, but that is the same as wishing for world peace. I just don't think it will happen.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:23 PM   #45
Rookie

jjkwik's Arena

OVR: 2
EA should bring back the Head Coach franchise as a way to "shake up" the football video gaming market. If they cant due to the whole CBA in the NFL restricting licensing for the 2012 season, its something they should seriously consider in the future.
Old 12-28-2010, 05:32 AM   #46
Rookie

Re: OS Roundtable: What Will Be the Story of 2011 for Sports Gaming?

Hi,
I liked this article, I want to wish you a very happy new year to all of you.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:47 PM   #47
Pro

bwburke94's Arena

OVR: 4
If there is a Madden 12, I expect the PS2 version will be dropped (so people with a backwards compatible PS3 have to pay $20 extra) and there will be a 3DS version with touch-screen controls. Madden 3DS will likely suck since Madden DS sucked, and since the 3DS will be region locked just like the DSi was Europeans will be screwed on that point. The online pass concept will be expanded so roster updates and franchise mode also require separate $10 passes (that's a $30 total) and support for online play will be dropped in March 2012. Also, the draft in franchise mode will be 3 rounds and there will not be trading of draft picks. Finally, AFL Classic mode is forced on the player whenever 2 AFL teams (including the Dolphins and Bengals) play each other. At least that's what I expect from EA.

As for NBA 2K12... they'll at least include more classic teams and throwbacks, and update logos and uniforms along with rosters. Oh, and trading will be fixed.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:34 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: OS Roundtable: What Will Be the Story of 2011 for Sports Gaming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by michapop9
the exclusive licenses coming to an end would be a big enough story for me
Me too. I hope this happens.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content »