Home

The Yearly Release Cycle Needs to Be Changed Up

This is a discussion on The Yearly Release Cycle Needs to Be Changed Up within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2011, 05:02 PM   #25
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

OVR: 14
Another problem with this is if the new game is a total flop everyone is talking about it being lame for 2 years.

I do like the idea though. I'm still playing Fifa 09 and NHL 09 simply because I like the gameplay and have accomplished so much with my franchises/ be a pro
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2011, 03:28 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 7
this would be a bad idea. if we cut the yearly reales because look at NBA Elite Updates will not fix that game. yearly reales will stay because it won't work in sports games. and thats a fact.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:10 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 3
http://www.iracing.com/

This is a prime example of what sports games should all become. It is a subscription-based game that is constantly being updated to improve on it's sim properties.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:03 AM   #28
Pro

OVR: 9
I don't see how this can ever happen. Profits would plummet from the increased development cost for 2 years of work. It would be the same even if they had two development teams at the same time working for two years, while one game gets released one year, and the other the next.

They could save some expenses on creating retail discs and have a big DLC update for the nest season, which would require a purchase of the game from anybody who waits two years and wants to play the new version.

It really just comes down to the quality of the development team, no matter how long or short the development period is. Duke Nuke Forever, anyone?
Old 01-24-2011, 12:13 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 4
Wait, am I missing something. The game you specifically referenced is the NHL system. Am I the only one who thought NHL 10 was a phenomenal game and NHL 11 was even better and improved on it in a lot of great ways? I don't at all feel there were any game-stopping issues in NHL 11 and I couldn't ever imagine going back to NHL10.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:03 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripwalk
Wait, am I missing something. The game you specifically referenced is the NHL system. Am I the only one who thought NHL 10 was a phenomenal game and NHL 11 was even better and improved on it in a lot of great ways? I don't at all feel there were any game-stopping issues in NHL 11 and I couldn't ever imagine going back to NHL10.
You are correct Sir, the game has improved every year. But imagine if they took a year off and introduced the new physics based game engine in one upgrade with NHL12 instead of stretching it over a three year period.

I couldīve played NHL10 (if they wouldīve removed some glitches with an update) for two years no problem.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »