Home

OS Roundtable: Who Made the Bigger Mistake, EA or 2K?

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: Who Made the Bigger Mistake, EA or 2K? within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2011, 02:21 AM   #25
Rookie

MillerTE92's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: OS Roundtable: Who Made the Bigger Mistake, EA or 2K?

EA is going to make money no matter what they are the most recognizable company in the business and not just in sports they have Star Wars the Old Republic and Mass Effect coming out along with Battlefield and the football games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2011, 03:12 AM   #26
Pro

OVR: 33
I was going to right a couple of paragraphs on this subject however after reading Christian's comments I realised he had made the exact same points as I would of. I just hope EA really up the ante with their NHL game this year, because for one, I am sure disappointed that 2K have no hockey game this year.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:13 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Christian McLeod and Jayson are right on the money. While the EA hockey series is a good game, it's becoming very stale and predictable.
If 2K actually used the past 24-months to revamp it and bring it to a level even half as good as NBA2K11, it could have stolen a lot of thunder from EA and potentially launched a 2nd quality sports title into the limelight.

With next-gen consoles around the corner, I hope 2K/VC take another crack at hockey.
We've all seen what happened with football once 2K was removed from the race. I don't see hockey being any different. What incentive is there for EA to make sure there they provide a quality hockey game.
Afterall, if it wasn't for NHL2K, we wouldn't have had NHL07 and it's revolutionary skill-stick.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:24 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 39
Customization is key to any game being hugely successful.
Old 06-11-2011, 05:37 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 0

hey were on the right track on NBA Live 10. I think they were much more in the race than 2K was with their NHL series
Old 06-20-2011, 11:46 AM   #30
Rookie

beamerball811's Arena

OVR: 1

I believe EA made the bigger mistake. They're actually losing money by not producing and NBA game, and 2k isn't making a profit off of their NHL series. Therefore, EA is making the bigger mistake.

On a side note, all this talk of 2k possibly making football or NCAAB again is getting me excited!
Old 07-15-2011, 10:50 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 0

Were 2k is making the finest mistake is not utilizing this moment in time as well as the current Gamer Customization huge to produce high quality movement image games in college Football/Basketball.

Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis and playing golf are sports activities which have only a tiny following, but not really a tremendous adequate pursuing experienced been extra than just one developer can really make profit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2011, 06:41 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 7

2k. EA already has FIFA.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »