Home

OS Roundtable: What Feature Should be in Every Sports Game?

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: What Feature Should be in Every Sports Game? within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2011, 01:06 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: OS Roundtable: What Feature Should be in Every Sports Game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTodd84
All sports games need the use of real-time physics first and foremost. Until this is used in all sports games of all genres, eliminating canned animations and seemingly scripted results, the games will never be a true representation of their real-life counterparts. FIFA is the front-runner on this method and it will pay huge dividends for the franchise. Presentation, online dynasty, and all that social media stuff comes 2nd in regards to gameplay. I'd rather have a game play exactly like its real-life counterpart and be fun before all of the extra fluff and baloney that is shoved into games today.

So for me, it is realistic, PHYSICS-BASED gameplay. That's it. Focus on that first, then worry about the TV-style presentations and replays and all the other "fluff" that gamers want.
I couldn't agree more.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:57 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTodd84
All sports games need the use of real-time physics first and foremost. Until this is used in all sports games of all genres, eliminating canned animations and seemingly scripted results, the games will never be a true representation of their real-life counterparts. FIFA is the front-runner on this method and it will pay huge dividends for the franchise. Presentation, online dynasty, and all that social media stuff comes 2nd in regards to gameplay. I'd rather have a game play exactly like its real-life counterpart and be fun before all of the extra fluff and baloney that is shoved into games today.

So for me, it is realistic, PHYSICS-BASED gameplay. That's it. Focus on that first, then worry about the TV-style presentations and replays and all the other "fluff" that gamers want.
wow couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 06-22-2011, 03:27 AM   #35
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42
Seconding (or thirding) In Game Saves.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2011, 06:13 AM   #36
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Real time physics, real time and good TV style presentation, in game saves, player traits. All great things.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:01 AM   #37
Pro

MrRudy's Arena

OVR: 14
I lean towards Robert on this roundtable. A complete editor allows me to really do whatever I want with my dynsasty-franchise. Want to create a parallel universe where the MAC is thee power conference in College football, full of 5* and 6* squads, I want to be free to do it.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:46 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 22
replay features that allow you to record post game highlights like The Show has....in NBA2k11, I wish you could save the 'game reel' or 'signature highlights', and also be able to upload them in higher quality than we have now....don't need 1080 over here but a better 480 or 720 would be nice...i wouldn't mind paying 10 or 20$ to be able to do this with better quality videos and easier edit/uploading options....the highlights in NBA2k11 take a ridiculous amount of time to upload, especially for the low quality resolution they have

also, a VIP feature like NBA has...something that records your gameplay styles so you could play against team specific profiles that you or your friends create...in my opinion this is the best feature of NBA2k11..i have about a dozen profiles that i use exclusively for their corresponding teams and the results have been amazing...of course they all play like 'me', but there is a lot of variance there....witrh sliders, coach profiles, and VIP, there are basically 3 layers of CPU A.I.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:40 AM   #39
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
I'm with Caley as well.

NFL 2K5 and College Hoops 2K8 are STILL the only two games to add the highlight show. Or get it correct (I know Madden 10 tried).

After all these years and MUCH more powerful systems...I can't understand why this is omitted when its requested so so often for every single game.
Let's not forget that it was the great NHL 94 that introduced the between period around the league highlights. I'm still waiting for those to be integrated into another NHL game.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:42 AM   #40
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRudy
I lean towards Robert on this roundtable. A complete editor allows me to really do whatever I want with my dynsasty-franchise. Want to create a parallel universe where the MAC is thee power conference in College football, full of 5* and 6* squads, I want to be free to do it.
NCAA 12's custom conference options within it's dynasty mode is incredibly deep and a great first step towards making this happen.

I do agree that customization, especially in NCAA games, is key today.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »