Home

Need for Speed: The Run - Initial Impressions

This is a discussion on Need for Speed: The Run - Initial Impressions within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2011, 09:42 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Need for Speed: The Run - Initial Impressions

After spending a bit of time with Need for Speed: The Run, it's readily apparent that publisher Electronic Arts' contemporary habits have had an influence on this iteration of the long-running franchise. Your mileage may vary on whether that influence is something you want, but either way you can expect the ubiquitous EA online pass, a persistent profile with news updates, Burnout-style takeouts and XP gains (even though those aren't the focus of the game) and a story mode that appears quite similar to the “edgy” yarn that Fight Night: Champion attempted to deliver.

The Run offers a few modes of play, including the titular story mode, some challenge tracks and a suite of online races. The interface seems to work relatively well, allowing you to get into what you want fairly quickly. I was pleased to see minimal interference from the usually pesky EA servers, and the “autolog” that tracks your persistent stats, levels and unlocks does a good job of showing how you're doing.

Read More - Need for Speed: The Run - Initial Impressions
Platform: 3DS / PC / PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2011, 02:11 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 5
I dont know why you guys reviewed this game...............it's not even a sports game but nevertheless this game is very mediocre. The story line has no correlation to the racing what so ever, the racing is ok but the fighting made it seem like driver 3's little brother. When the guys beat a cop's face in it made me hate him and want the mob to catch him. EA shouldve gave us Underground 3....................but instead they gave us Need For Speed:Cop Killer lol.
Old 11-18-2011, 06:26 PM   #3
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29
Racing is a sport and this game fits under that bill. Besides this isn't the actual review, just initial impressions.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:28 PM   #4
Banned

Formula 1 is a sport. Nascar is a sport. But, beating up cops and racing reckelessly is not a sport.
Old 11-19-2011, 03:44 PM   #5
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

There is still racing involved in the game, therefore it's a sports title and fighting is now considered a sport as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2011, 05:50 PM   #6
Banned

Ok yes true fighting is a sport. For example fight night is under the genre fighting. But, is Street FIGHTER a sport. No. Is batman arkham city a sport. No. Is Soul caliber a sport. No.
Old 11-19-2011, 09:37 PM   #7
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

I know, the fighting comment was just me being a smart ***...the fact is this is a racing game at it's core, with some extra cinematics thrown in.
Old 11-20-2011, 02:18 AM   #8
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

OVR: 42
It doesnt matter, it's still the 2nd worst NFS ever made behind Pro Street!

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »