Home

Five Top Clubs for FIFA 12's Manager Mode

This is a discussion on Five Top Clubs for FIFA 12's Manager Mode within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2011, 10:54 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Five Top Clubs for FIFA 12's Manager Mode

One of the perks that separate footy video games from other sports games is the amount of playable teams. Different from its other big league brethrens, clubs from all around the world are available. For Manager Mode aficionados, this means having the pleasant problem of choosing which one to start with. So hereby is a list of five interesting teams to use in FIFA 2012’s Manager Mode. This is not a list of top five clubs in the world, per se, because we can argue forever -- or when England wins a World Cup, whichever comes first. Think of this as more of a list of teams that provide a distinctive way, or talking point, to play with in FIFA 2012's Manager Mode.

Read More - Top Five Clubs for FIFA 12's Manager Mode
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2011, 12:20 PM   #2
Efficiency = Joy

NaturalSelected's Arena

OVR: 21
One big thing that adds to the mode is promotions/demotions with the lower teams. At higher difficulties, there is nothing better than winning at the end of the year and catapulting in to the next division.

I doubt most people will play through to see Man. City or Barcelona sent down...
Old 11-23-2011, 08:41 AM   #3
Rookie

MrKasoogi's Arena

OVR: 3
Swindon Town is great to play with, especially because of their EA Sports Fifa 12 sponsored away kit. Manchester City though? If you want money, just pick Real Madrid. They've got a great history and they aren't, well, Man City. I always play as Bayern online and it might be fun to play around with Stoke.
Old 11-24-2011, 04:25 PM   #4
CC
MVP

CC's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Five Top Clubs for FIFA 12's Manager Mode

I disagree... Man City and Barca are not fun to play career mode with.

I just love building my teams though.

Last edited by CC; 11-24-2011 at 04:28 PM.
Old 11-24-2011, 11:41 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Five Top Clubs for FIFA 12's Manager Mode

for manager mode, i wouldnt want to play with manchester city or barcelona, even bayern munich. all are stacked and have a ton of money. what is the fun in that? id have to check out stoke city, never really played with them. but in manager mode, i feel like you should work your way up, whether it be through the divisions or competing with the best in the league. its fun and rewarding to watch your team develop and progress over the time you put in. (i assume if you are playing manager mode, youll be playing more than one season) so i agree with playing with lower level division teams like swindon town. in addition to playing with lower level teams, here are my 5 clubs to play with in manager mode:

1. borussia dortmund - they have a lot of good young talent that get even better. they won the bundesliga last year, so they can can compete with bayern munich. they have a decent amount of money for transfers but you could cash in on hummels or gotze.

2. paris saint-germain - they just came under new ownership, so they got a big influx of cash for transfers. they also have some good talent on the roster already but not nearly as stocked as man city or barcelona.

3. malaga - same as paris saint-germain

4. aston villa - they play in the premier league(six 5 star teams), so the competition is pretty good. they have a decent squad already, too. plus they have $30 million for transfers, which is actually a pretty good amount. they also have a good corp of young players that develop into low-to-mid 80s over time.

5. blackburn rovers - same as aston villa, but their transfer budget is about half. upside is their players progress better than aston villa's, so you could sell a couple of them to make some money.

other clubs to consider for manager mode: 1899 hoffenheim, ajax, atletico madrid, bayern leverkusen, everton, fc porto, shalke 04, fc twente, hamburger, lyon, psv, roma, sao paulo, sevilla and valencia

Last edited by mpt117; 11-25-2011 at 12:15 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2011, 07:45 PM   #6
Rookie

mctrees02's Arena

OVR: 2
Nottingham Forest. In my 3rd season now, hanging in at 13th in the premier league table and constantly receiving "money whipping" offers from the big boys to buy off my best players once they reach a 77 or 78 overall and are 26 or younger. For example, Wigan went from $9mm to $11mm to $13mm for an $8mm 77 rated CB that I paid $4.7mm for a season before. It makes for a lot of fun decisions and serious shopping for the hidden gems in far away lands come transfer times.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »