Home

OS Staff Lists Their Three Most Anticipated Titles of 2012

This is a discussion on OS Staff Lists Their Three Most Anticipated Titles of 2012 within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2012, 04:32 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: OS Staff Lists Their Three Most Anticipated Titles of 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by truintellectplaya
Who cares about sales? Are u getting any of it? That is just stupid. I don't get why you guys continue to mention this. If the game is good and the market that it is promoted to likes it I am all for sales, but if the game is as garbage as what they have been putting out for quite some time why would I care about sales? That has to be one of the most annoying comments that remains consistent around here. Oww, they gonna sell good. Who cares. I am all for competition in sales and everything else if the game is good. Other than that, I could care less about what they sale. By the way, it doesn't make you seem smart to say it now just for the sake of being able to tell everyone I told you they would sell well. Makes you seam like you care about something that is secondary to quality. Madden outsold NF2K and people like myself wish we still had 2K. Maddening outselling it and not being a better product was part of the problem why we are stuck with these exclusives now. They realized you could sale anything to a certain type of person.

At the end of the day I respect your opinion but the mentioning of what you think EA NBA series will sale is just annoying because it gets mentioned a whole lot around here and unless you are getting some of it it just seams suspect.
First, who cares about sales? Pretty sure sales have a hand in a lot of things, including the resources that go into game development, but I won't go there.

Second, what was the purpose of your post? All you did was go on about how you don't like people talking about sales, and it looks like you don't like the idea of EA being mentioned with 2K (more or less in general, actually). That wasn't even the point of my post, this isn't a comparison; the point was, since they've had 2 years to develop a game (which is what most sports gamers want), they could possibly make a big jump, close to 2K (which is the set bar, right?), and provide some competition.

Also, nowhere in my post did I say I prefer a lower quality game; can we even say EA's title will be of lower quality anyway? If you have some inside knowledge, please, do tell (in the appropriate thread, of course).

Third, YOU specifically prefer 2K5 to Madden, let's make that clear. Everyone does not; back when I played that game, it wasn't really fun to me, even though it was more realistic. A lot of people value being able to have fun in a game versus complete realism.

Finally, the reason Madden has exclusivity is not because Madden "realized" they could sell something (not to a "certain" customer, BTW, but the MAJORITY of the customers) and profit. This discussion isn't even relevant or appropriate, so I'll put it in spoilers, but long story short:
Spoiler

AND, I never mentioned what I thought EA's title would sell, it was more of a "what-if" type scenario. Again, that's why I'm ANTICIPATING it, never said I was purchasing it. Same reason why I'm anticipating NCAA and Madden. I want to see the progress they'll make.

For the most part, I expect 2K to be improved, without vast changes, so it's more or less "I'll see it when it gets here" for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2012, 06:05 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySmooov
First, who cares about sales? Pretty sure sales have a hand in a lot of things, including the resources that go into game development, but I won't go there.

Second, what was the purpose of your post? All you did was go on about how you don't like people talking about sales, and it looks like you don't like the idea of EA being mentioned with 2K (more or less in general, actually). That wasn't even the point of my post, this isn't a comparison; the point was, since they've had 2 years to develop a game (which is what most sports gamers want), they could possibly make a big jump, close to 2K (which is the set bar, right?), and provide some competition.

Also, nowhere in my post did I say I prefer a lower quality game; can we even say EA's title will be of lower quality anyway? If you have some inside knowledge, please, do tell (in the appropriate thread, of course).

Third, YOU specifically prefer 2K5 to Madden, let's make that clear. Everyone does not; back when I played that game, it wasn't really fun to me, even though it was more realistic. A lot of people value being able to have fun in a game versus complete realism.

Finally, the reason Madden has exclusivity is not because Madden "realized" they could sell something (not to a "certain" customer, BTW, but the MAJORITY of the customers) and profit. This discussion isn't even relevant or appropriate, so I'll put it in spoilers, but long story short:
Spoiler

AND, I never mentioned what I thought EA's title would sell, it was more of a "what-if" type scenario. Again, that's why I'm ANTICIPATING it, never said I was purchasing it. Same reason why I'm anticipating NCAA and Madden. I want to see the progress they'll make.

For the most part, I expect 2K to be improved, without vast changes, so it's more or less "I'll see it when it gets here" for me.
Sure, my point is quite obvious. Anyone talking about what a game that they have not seen will sale is obviously a little over the top with the touting IMO. That's like saying Eminem will sale records without even hearing the product. You are touting and in love with his rep even though he makes music with no substance most of the time. Why are people not running around here talking about what 2K will sell? Because they don't care considering 2K has always been about creating a sim game. I would rather 2K not sale than to keep changing things to appease the casual fans which are usually crybaby losers. That's the difference and the point since you had to bring 2K into the argument directly.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:53 AM   #27
Pro

OVR: 22
So Its Ea camp here now? I know people from here Got Jobs at Ea. But really more excited by eas nba than nba2k13 is so friggin obvious. Enjoy your vip ea treatment much?
Old 02-13-2012, 05:56 AM   #28
Pro

Operationsports the NeXT thunderpuck forum?
Old 02-13-2012, 08:24 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 49
This list should have basically called the Most Anticipated EA Titles of 2012. I love OS, but is so EA heavy iI have come to expect bias reviews & topics. Really is to bad
Old 02-13-2012, 01:00 PM   #30
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

I have to agree with Kelvin Mak and Mike Kilroy...

I mean, just the fact that SCEA is releasing BOTH MLB: The Show 12 and MLB: The Show 13 in 2012 is enough to stir my own personal anticipation.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:57 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

I still prefer Live 10 to NBA 2K.

Better playcalling system and better online play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2012, 05:42 AM   #32
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
1) MLB 12 the Show
2) Tomb Raider
3) NBA Elite

I don't even know if 2 or 3 will be good but I'm looking forward to seeing how they will be. I've given up hope on NCAA 13. NCAA Football should be #1 on my list but after NCAA 12, which I really disliked, I just don't think the guys in charge at EA can truly make a fun football game on the PS3 the way the old team did on the PS2. I can't stand the player movement in the game anymore. Real physics or bust.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »