Home

What is the Ideal Role of DLC in Sports Video Games?

This is a discussion on What is the Ideal Role of DLC in Sports Video Games? within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2012, 06:21 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 33
DLC is here to stay without a doubt. The reason DLC works is that it expands on an existing game thus increasing that games longevity. In this regards it could be argued that it is worth paying for as it may mean you find yourself still playing a game that you may have left on the shelf sooner.

As long as developers keep the core structure of the game within the original product & avoid making DLC purchases essential I'm okay with it.

It's not too often I find myself praising EA but I like what they've done regarding DLC lately. In Tiger Woods PGA 13 you now have the option to pay less for additional courses if you only want to play them once or twice or pay more to have them permanently available. It was also nice that they released a trial of the recent FIFA 12 UEFA Euro expansion. Particularly considering how poor this expansion was. I was planning on getting the download but after playing the trial I didn't bother.
Old 05-06-2012, 04:58 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 10
I usually avoid DLC in most games with the exception of The Masters 12. The Birdie and Eagle Packs probably cost me around 50 additional dollars. Of course I feel guilty paying 100+ dollars on a video game, but this game should meet my golfing needs well into the next console generation.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »