OS Debate: Real Time Physics or Authentic True to Life Presentation? - Page 6 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

OS Debate: Real Time Physics or Authentic True to Life Presentation?

This is a discussion on OS Debate: Real Time Physics or Authentic True to Life Presentation? within the Operation Sports Content forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content

Old 06-20-2012, 12:45 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 12
Oh, and some of you said on here that it's harder to implement real-time physics... well, what a sorry excuse. So what? It's SUPPOSED to be hard, that's why we fork over sixty hard-earned dollars every year, for them to do something great and because we expect a great game. Saying it's harder to implement gameplay is so sorry to me. It's just a joke. So what if it's hard? Boo Hoo. It's really hard to run the table in College Football, so should teams just stop trying? No, that's still the goal for every team coming in.

Ok, sorry. But that stuff just bothers me. Implement physics, people on here want it 3 to 1, we don't care if it's hard. They get paid to make the best game they possibly can, and clearly the people on here think the best way to create a great game is to implement RTP, so do it. Stop making excuses.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2012, 12:47 AM   #42
Banned

Stampede_94's Arena

OVR: 11
Presentation and accurate representation of the NFL's players and surroundings. I have never hated the gameplay. EA needs to take it to a 2K sports NBA/NFL presentation level and you would see less bellyaching about the on field play period.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:52 AM   #43
Banned

Stampede_94's Arena

OVR: 11
I would also like to add that the exclusive crap has to end and yes Goodell is to blame. I played both Madden and NFL2K religiously because I knew one game wasn't gonna give me what the other did, and there was so much variety in my collection that I didn't care about the little things as I do now.

2K gave me some fun gameplay and amazing authenticity and presentation. Madden was always arcade like and lacking to me, but I always bought both on their respective release days. It still stings that it was taken away from us.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:09 AM   #44
MVP

jersez's Arena

OVR: 15
I'll have to go with RTP because it can really bring a new aspect of gameplay to madden. Gameplay is what makes a game a classic. Nobody cares about the presentation if the gameplay is terrible. Graphics at the end of the day don't really matter, it's the gameplay that draws us back in. We can all think of a game that isn't graphically pleasing now, but the gameplay is so amazing we play it to this day.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:55 AM   #45
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26
I'm a person that would always say "both" because many things in life are two-fold. However, Madden is a football game, and because football is the core of the game, anything that benefits the experience on the field is of most importance. Madden could have the best presentation in all of sports games, but what will separate Madden the most from other games, will be how well it portrays the sport of football. Of course with things being two-fold, an argument could be made in favor of presentation. I chose real-time physics because it is something essential to the core of the game.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:13 AM   #46
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: OS Debate: Real Time Physics or Authentic True to Life Presentation?

Physics.

Might as well just watch TV if the gameplay isn't there. Physics are absolutely huge to the replayability of contact sports games.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:04 AM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 1
Not Only Should Both Be An Option It Should Be The ONLY Option. Madden Has Been A Joke For 7 Years Now
Old 06-20-2012, 09:26 AM   #48
Plata o Plomo

OverKick's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: OS Debate: Real Time Physics or Authentic True to Life Presentation?

Not a fair comparison. If this is truly RTP (and not just a large library of fluid animations grouped together), then you'll rarely see the same sequence happen more than once during the course of the game's lifetime. However, I'm pretty sure you will hear the announcers repeat the same thing dozens of times. Same replay angles, same celebrations, etc. Definitely RTP.....

Now if they Presentation as dynamic as RTP.....

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content »