Home

OS Fact or Fiction: Grab Bag Edition

This is a discussion on OS Fact or Fiction: Grab Bag Edition within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2012, 08:56 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
OS Fact or Fiction: Grab Bag Edition

Sports Game of the Year?

Three of our staff writers are on the hot seat today answering a good variety of questions from FIFA's potential game of the year candidacy to whether Madden is a future game of the year contender. Check out our thoughts after the jump!

Read More - OS Fact or Fiction: Grab Bag Edition
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2012, 05:21 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 33
1.) Madden is way off of Game of the Year status. For every positive thing this game does there is a negative. Enjoyable, yes but it doesn't even make my top 5 sports games.

2.) Ditto Chris Sanner

3.) Deserves a look for sure & based on its international appeal a real contender. I prefer NBA 2K13, MLB The Show 12 & NHL 13 but many would disagree with me.

4.) Development costs & our expectations are much higher than in the past therefore we'll never go back to the days of multiple games covering the same sport, with or without exclusive licensing deals.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:38 PM   #3
Rookie

xx19kilosoldier's Arena

OVR: 4
Have any of you tried to play career mode in FIFA? The games largest and most popular game mode is completely broken and the last patch did not fix it. Its not just a bug or some subjective gripe, the game literally freezes and you can not play. Its broke. I question how much some of you really spend playing these titles. Seriously question. Fifa should not be on ant lists for Game of the Year lmao. Credibility took a shot today fellas.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:20 PM   #4
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16
Right now: F1 2012 is my Sports GOY, awesome AI, awesome racing. Very Solid and no sliders!!! Playing a bunch of other sports games that are very solid: Madden 2013, NCAA 2013, and MLB 2K12(all with slider adjustments). NASCAR IL just got this week - solid but has AI issues. I am basing this off Offline experience which I play mostly. Maybe their should be 2 GOY honors: online and offline?

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »