EA CEO John Riccitiello Resigns - Page 5 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

EA CEO John Riccitiello Resigns

This is a discussion on EA CEO John Riccitiello Resigns within the Operation Sports Content forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content

Old 03-19-2013, 02:46 PM   #33
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8
Nothing will change so long as the general populous acts like sheeple and continue to buy crap like Madden.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:31 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 4
MVP! MVP! MVP!
Old 03-19-2013, 04:41 PM   #35
Pro

OVR: 2
Fifa is the last EA Sports Title I buy, and that will stop after this year seeing how they stole $19.99 from me by taking the money from my PSN wallet yet not giving me the purchased points. So after 3 months, and countless tickets that kept getting opened up because of the horrible customer service options, they finally replied to one and said that the case was closed . So it's quite amazing that even though they're stealing money that they still fall short of revenue goals.

Which is quite frankly the reason they are ultimately going to fail with the current business model. The guys who built this company from the ground up in the days of Road Rash, Madden, Bill Walsh, and Mutant League are guys that are now settling down and have families. That ultimately, any time to play a video game is very precious time not to be wasted on senseless bugs that are still present for the past five years. And ultimately, should a problem arise, would like to receive some customer support instead of getting a reach around every time you have to Email or initiate a customer service chat with Sanjeev, Pradesh, Kalpesh, etc. who ultimately repeat the same canned lines and promise you that things will be resolved that they've just had "technical issues and your case was lost" and that "it will be escalated to the expert technical team"

Basically, EA will fail because they'll ignore one of the most important things in the industry and that's a good product with good service. Because the guys that built the company aren't ones to keep playing the games and being **** on by EA. At the same time, that'll funnel over into what games they buy for their kids and which games/game companies they won't. They really need to get their head out of their *** and stop resting on their laurels and get back to the basics of producing quality product like they once did when the company was just getting started and growing.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:23 PM   #36
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8
EA is so obsessed with piracy, yet by doing so they are their own worst enemy.... Look at these two recent articles... They need to wake up...

DRM More Harmful to Companies Than Piracy
http://spong.com/article/29190/Super-Meat-Boy-Developer-DRM-More-Harmful-to-Companies-Than-Piracy

EU Commission: Piracy doesn't hurt music sales, may even help
http://www.techspot.com/news/51990-eu-commission-piracy-doesnt-hurt-music-sales-may-even-help.html
Old 03-19-2013, 06:46 PM   #37
Pro

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vechi8
Pietasterp is dead on. I am a finacial advisor and analyze corporations daily. While the microeconomics of EA is very important to a company's success, it is the macro outlook that keeps a CEO employed. Meaning, what is the bottom line. Stock price and earnings are what shareholders demand. When you look at their company's past quarters, very hard to recommend owning shares.
The large reason that drop is such a high percentage is the financial recession. Glad I don't take your analysis for my own finances considering that massive oversight in your response.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:45 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: EA CEO John Riccitiello Resigns

Would love to hear your financial insight as to why thousands of other companies listed under the NASDAQ didnt see an 83%+ drop in stock prices if it was due to only a recession.

EAs massive drop had a lot more to do with them throwing almost a billion dollars into the toilet with some very bad decisions that were made, some bad purchases and acquisitions they bought, the closure of multiple studios,and AAA games that sold millions but still werent very profitable due to mismangement of funds and resources.

There isnt a single action that you can pinpoint that led EA to where it is today, but blaming a financial recession on the reason that EA dropped 83%+ during JRs time at the helm is ludicrous.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:19 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: EA CEO John Riccitiello Resigns

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfctillidie
The large reason that drop is such a high percentage is the financial recession. Glad I don't take your analysis for my own finances considering that massive oversight in your response.
Nasdaq hit a 12-year high earlier this month. Most well-run companies have recovered (and then some) from 2008. I'm not saying this is all Riccitiello's fault - no one person is to blame for the woes of huge companies like EA - but when a company's market cap goes from $17B to $6.5B during your watch, which has lasted 7 years, you are on borrowed time.

All '08 did (in the long run) was thin the herd of the ailing...
Old 03-19-2013, 08:39 PM   #40
Baseball is Better

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29
The best companies will survive any recession; it's the strong leaders that help a company's stability when the times are tough and then goes for gold when things are better. The fact of the matter is that Riccitiello couldn't keep EA above water and he did a terrible job with the company.

What I would expect is that EA's next CEO is going to want to continue into the micro transactions since it's the big thing on the street (why Wall Street doesn't cut all that off with Zynga and Facebook struggling I'll never know). I would also expect that EA would want to keep the exclusive license with the NFL simply because it's brand recognition and it's something to tout to investors.

In other words, the status quo.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content »