EA CEO John Riccitiello Resigns - Page 6 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

EA CEO John Riccitiello Resigns

This is a discussion on EA CEO John Riccitiello Resigns within the Operation Sports Content forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content

Old 03-19-2013, 08:55 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pietasterp
Nasdaq hit a 12-year high earlier this month. Most well-run companies have recovered (and then some) from 2008. I'm not saying this is all Riccitiello's fault - no one person is to blame for the woes of huge companies like EA - but when a company's market cap goes from $17B to $6.5B during your watch, which has lasted 7 years, you are on borrowed time.

All '08 did (in the long run) was thin the herd of the ailing...
My point simply boils down to that the large drop wasn't really an EA problem, it was bigger. The real problem is that EA hasn't bounced back like companies have done, which would have been the very simple analysis to make. I have a pet peeve vs the one who declares "I'm an expert so and so" who proceeds to blow smoke.

Anyways.

I fear for the future though. Under JR the quality of the games did improve. Say what you will about Madden, I'm very frustrated with it myself, you still cannot deny the quality improvement. However, that hasn't translated into $$$ for the company.

What's the next CEO to do if improved quality didn't get the job done?

I really just feel he missed the mark on the quality we want (in sports gaming), perhaps Moore is to blame for this more than anyone.

In 2013 I still don't understand why they aren't selling me a $50 title then giving me proper DLC like
-More graphic packages
-Additional commentary teams
-Old stadiums
-Etc

If you make these facets of the proper quality, they would be worth the price tag. Hell even scale back the major game and remove a bit, sell it for less and let gamers buy the add-ons. Could you come out ahead in that scenario? I certainly wonder.

Even with a title like FIFA it blows my mind it isn't a persistent title that's simply updated. Pay $40 to get the new "engine" every year. Buy the stadium pack for MLS for $20, buy the player face pack for Division 5 football in Ukraine....you get my point.

They never really captured the exact content to sell as DLC when it comes to sports titles. Selling "attributes" that come without explanation is pure malarkey.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2013, 09:11 PM   #42
Rookie

DmosleyBoy's Arena

Im so happy to here this. Im hoping that the lawsuit led by Ed O'Bannon and his people will be enough of a destraction to allow the company that owns 2K sports to jump in and get the NCAA liscenses from the CLC so we can have college basketball again and to also get a GOOD college football game again! I absolutely despise EA, they create games and dont focus on the teams, just all this stupid crap noone cares about. They left off 50 something teams of their college basketball game, hell ncaa football 2013 is missing South Alabama for cryin out loud!!!!!!!!!!!! AND THEIR EXCUSE FOR IT WAS LAUGHABLE!!!! People buy these games to take their crappy little school that sucks every year IRL so that they can sorta live the dream of their school being the next Butler, VCU, Gearge Mason, or Gonzaga and so forth. Sorry for the venting.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:57 PM   #43
Varsity

Phreezy P's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: EA CEO John Riccitiello Resigns

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmosleyBoy
Im so happy to here this. Im hoping that the lawsuit led by Ed O'Bannon and his people will be enough of a destraction to allow the company that owns 2K sports to jump in and get the NCAA liscenses from the CLC so we can have college basketball again and to also get a GOOD college football game again! I absolutely despise EA, they create games and dont focus on the teams, just all this stupid crap noone cares about. They left off 50 something teams of their college basketball game, hell ncaa football 2013 is missing South Alabama for cryin out loud!!!!!!!!!!!! AND THEIR EXCUSE FOR IT WAS LAUGHABLE!!!! People buy these games to take their crappy little school that sucks every year IRL so that they can sorta live the dream of their school being the next Butler, VCU, Gearge Mason, or Gonzaga and so forth. Sorry for the venting.
They don't have the NCAA rights anymore. Anyone can take it, it just doesn't generate enough profit and the license just isn't worth it.

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Old 03-20-2013, 12:19 AM   #44

ubernoob's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by airaron32
They don't have the NCAA rights anymore. Anyone can take it, it just doesn't generate enough profit and the license just isn't worth it.
NCAA by EA has always been the best college football game. 2ks offerings were horrendous.

Anyways, the lawsuit against EA just means that EA can't get the exclusive license for 5 years, not that they can't have the NCAA license.

Looking for any good new sports games to come out now though us nothing more than a pipe dream sadly. Maybe next gen we will get some competition but even then I'm not holding my breath.
Battle.Net BTag -ubernoob#1403

Twitch
Old 03-20-2013, 05:38 AM   #45
Pro

ItsOrangeBaby's Arena

OVR: 5
Knew the press sim city was getting was bad, but did not think it would push the ceo to resigned. I guess going back to 07 he had his fair share of success and flops. Guessing when it comes to sports gaming other then the status of the live series I'm guessing this might give a chance to a new college basketball game.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:02 AM   #46
Banned

NCAA is EA best football game and the law suite is stupid with in it's self. the players are not even the real life counter part in the game.it's just made up stats with real names us fans put on the back of the jersey. nothing is in violation of that.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:19 AM   #47

ubernoob's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeyes7
NCAA is EA best football game and the law suite is stupid with in it's self. the players are not even the real life counter part in the game.it's just made up stats with real names us fans put on the back of the jersey. nothing is in violation of that.
Um, yes the counterparts ARE them in the game. They play like them and everything. To say otherwise is just silly.
Battle.Net BTag -ubernoob#1403

Twitch
Old 03-20-2013, 10:25 AM   #48
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: EA CEO John Riccitiello Resigns

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubernoob
NCAA by EA has always been the best college football game. 2ks offerings were horrendous.
I disagree; I really enjoyed 2k's college football games, and the game I spent the most time with (maybe ever?) was NCAA college football 2k2. I must have played through 20 seasons of that game. It didn't have all the bells and whistles of EA's offerings, but it was the 2k football engine with college teams. More than enough for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsOrangeBaby
Knew the press sim city was getting was bad, but did not think it would push the ceo to resigned.
It didn't...it's not about the games. Hasn't been for some time with EA.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content »