EA is the 'Worst Company In America' - Page 10 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

EA is the 'Worst Company In America'

This is a discussion on EA is the 'Worst Company In America' within the Operation Sports Content forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content

Old 04-11-2013, 05:41 PM   #73
Return of the Faceuary

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: EA is the 'Worst Company In America'

This wasn't a Customer Satisfaction poll. The topic was "worst company in the world" and the internet responded with its typical hyperbole.

How EA beats out companies like Comcast or Verizon - companies that knowingly does (and has been proven to do) shady **** worse than this. Not to mention how completely helpless their customer service typically is.

Old 04-11-2013, 05:51 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 11
I hate that dang internet. Only people that get on it are gamers---and EA gamers at that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-11-2013, 05:54 PM   #75

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Tendrils
This wasn't a Customer Satisfaction poll. The topic was "worst company in the world" and the internet responded with its typical hyperbole.

How EA beats out companies like Comcast or Verizon - companies that knowingly does (and has been proven to do) shady **** worse than this. Not to mention how completely helpless their customer service typically is.
I'd vote for EA before I voted for Verizon or Comcast. I'm pleased with my services from both of those, and any time I've had to call or deal with people from them they've been awesome. Maybe I'm just lucky.
Battle.Net BTag -ubernoob#1403

Twitch
Old 04-11-2013, 06:06 PM   #76
FACEUWEAREEE

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubernoob
I'd vote for EA before I voted for Verizon or Comcast. I'm pleased with my services from both of those, and any time I've had to call or deal with people from them they've been awesome. Maybe I'm just lucky.
I've had Verizon for 10 years and I've never really had a problem with them. Although I think that they're "sign two year agreements or pay double for a new phone" is worse than EA's Online Pass stuff.

Personally, THQ is worse than EA in my opinion. At least we don't have to pay to create a player and rate them how we want.

Also (customer service wise) Avis Flowers did me a lot dirtier than EA ever has. My order was more expensive than any video game too. However, I do not think that they're the worst company in America.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 04-11-2013, 06:32 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
Why should someone be forced to use their servers? Why should I be forced to use any servers with a single user franchise sports game mode.
You don't have to. Which Tariq explained. I don't care about online gaming, either and just like you I want that full blown out Franchise Mode.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:41 PM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootofalleli
EA doesn't get a free pass for being in the right industry. That belief is part of the problem. "You paid your $60 and you have a game that didn't set your computer on fire, pizza face - STFU and go watch Buffy reruns if you're not happy. Or get some fresh air!" It's sad that some of us are encouraging EA to roll its eyes at people who want value for their money. An entertainment company doesn't get to be bad just because it's not a health care provider, bank, or airline.

For the rest of the "dollars > everything" crowd, sales numbers don't mean a company is making customers happy. They mean instead that a company is making good economic decisions. Sometimes people eat at the closest restaurant, even if it's bad. Sometimes people watch the latest CSI spinoff or go out to see another Transformers sequel, just to have something to do. Uninspired entertainment can obviously sell, but should it? Why shout people down when they ask for something better?
But in a way it does. It's like bashing your girlfriend/wife constantly and moaning about how unhappy you are with her but you're STILL with her. If people don't buy the games, it'll speak volumes. I'm sorry, but I'm not buying something that I'm not happy with.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:49 PM   #79
MVP

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftychampleone
But in a way it does. It's like bashing your girlfriend/wife constantly and moaning about how unhappy you are with her but you're STILL with her. If people don't buy the games, it'll speak volumes. I'm sorry, but I'm not buying something that I'm not happy with.
If she's the only girl on the planet you might.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:50 PM   #80
MVP

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Tendrils

If that's all you're getting out of this. Then you are just completely missing the boat.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content »