EA is the 'Worst Company In America' - Page 16 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

EA is the 'Worst Company In America'

This is a discussion on EA is the 'Worst Company In America' within the Operation Sports Content forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content

Old 04-12-2013, 01:42 PM   #121

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootofalleli
I don't know if Madden is that much of a 'niche title' - it's very aggressively advertised on TV and via social media. But maybe that's how the Madden demographic is reached, and really this is not a major point.

My first post in this thread pointed out that Madden is one of EA's better games, but it still isn't very good, largely due to the lack of innovation that you point out. This is part of EA's problem though - even its best titles aren't generating enough good will to counter the bad. When people get burned by Sim City or feel nickel-and-dimed by DLC in Dead Space 3 or whatever, they don't have that really good game that makes them say, "Nah, EA isn't the worst."
It is a niche though. Sports gaming itself is a niche that doesn't move big numbers (unless you include Wii sports and Mario kart, which are more party games than sports games.). Then you take that small market and narrow it down to on fans of American Football. In the grand scale of video games, it doesn't really matter much. Madden could disappear and the game world wouldn't miss a beat.

It just gets over sensationalized here (along with everything else here, we don't have a nickname of overreaction sports for nothing) due to the very nature of this forum, that was founded on sports gaming.
Battle.Net BTag -ubernoob#1403

Twitch
Old 04-12-2013, 01:54 PM   #122
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: EA is the 'Worst Company In America'

Bucky, MLB2k13 is just a roster update this year with no improvements.

It should be villified as Madden is, but they probably get a pass because of the NBA game and living off the past with the NFL game.

This part isn't directed at anyone, but I just don't think of EA when it comes to naming worst company. Video gaming is a hobby to me, I can turn it on and off anytime I want.

What I can't turn off is buying gas and buying products in everyday life that my family needs, not something that is just a hobby to me.

I guess it's all subjective on how you look at life, like this poll is subjective.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:57 PM   #123
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootofalleli
I think being the "Worst Company in America" precludes going out of business. True badness endures and spreads. Let's keep in mind that this is a Consumerist poll. To win, you have to anger a lot of customers, which is only possible if you have a lot of customers. The Worst Company isn't judged on the basis of revenue, but from the perspective of people who buy or consider buying their products.
Yeah, but it just trips me out how everyone bashes them when they'll buy their products regardless. Says me who gets pissed at Wal-Mart and continues shops there.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:58 PM   #124
MVP

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Bucky, MLB2k13 is just a roster update this year with no improvements.
I don't have MLB2K13. But still use MLB2k12 when I'm at the computer. Bought last years The Show well after release at a great discount cause I heard such good things about it. I'll only buy PC games unless the game ONLY comes out on a console. I like The Show, especially the deeper financials.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:07 PM   #125
Return of the Faceuary

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
I guess, using some critical thinking, and taking more from the unscientific poll then just taking it at face value, like Mr, Moore's comments and why EA would do so poorly in even an unscientific poll. If all you get out or the poll and Mr Moore's comments is "EA really isn't the worst company in America", your missing the point of the thread, and the article associated with the poll. Other companies have nothing to do with EA being a good or bad company. Other companies have nothing to do with Mr. Moore's attitude displayed in the article.
Then discuss his comments and stop bringing up your raging want for a NFL game that meets your arbitrary standards.

The point of this thread - correction, my point in this thread, is how ridiculous the results of the poll is and the fact that people think EA's bad reputation in video-game land is a means to justify EA being voted over the likes of Wal-Mart, Monsanto, etc. I personally could give two ****s what Moore says or does in response to this poll. Reflection of the company and its culture, sure, but to give this poll anymore meaning than its face value is ridiculous to me.

I understand EA is not perfect and a company its size will have a angry, vocal base following it around. My whole point in all of this is that EA does not deserve to be voted the Worst company in America because there are other legitimate candidates who desperately need the exposure. But leave it to the internet and its hyperbole blowers to take an opportunity and squander it on the basis of fan boy panty twisting.

Quote:
And if they put out sub-par/buggy products, consumers have every right to be dissatisfied and every right to say the company that produced those products are bad for consumers.

So what's your point? This says absolutely nothing about EA or Mr. Moore's comments in the article.
What is your point? My reply was to his statement about other things not having as passionate of a fan base as sports - which is simply not true.

Anyway, enjoy. I've already given this silly poll enough weight as it is.

Old 04-12-2013, 02:29 PM   #126
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Tendrils
But leave it to the internet and its hyperbole blowers to take an opportunity and squander it on the basis of fan boy panty twisting.
LOL, classic. Yeah, that's it.

Dang internet.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:34 PM   #127
MVP

OVR: 5

Quote:
The point of this thread - correction, my point in this thread, is how ridiculous the results of the poll is and the fact that people think EA's bad reputation in video-game land is a means to justify EA being voted over the likes of Wal-Mart, Monsanto, etc.
You're posting on a sports video game forum. About a company that produces sports video games. You are missing the point of the thread if you just take the poll at face value.

Quote:
I personally could give two ****s what Moore says or does in response to this poll. Reflection of the company and its culture, sure, but to give this poll anymore meaning than its face value is ridiculous to me.
A high ranking official at said company says a lot about and reflects on the company and culture. You seem to contradict yourself here.

Quote:
I understand EA is not perfect and a company its size will have a angry, vocal base following it around.
So now the reason for bad reputation is company size? Or could EA have earned a bad rep?

Quote:
basis of fan boy panty twisting.
I'm not a fan boy of any sports game company. I don't care who creates a great NBA, NFL, MLB, Hockey, etc game. I would like/love EA to create a great NFL game. But you go ahead and pull out the BS "fan boy" card.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:43 PM   #128
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
You're posting on a sports video game forum. About a company that produces sports video games. You are missing the point of the thread if you just take the poll at face value.

Would the poll make any difference if was posted on cnn.com only?

If the poll says, worst company in America, I don't care where it's posted, I'm looking at the overall picture, worst company in America.

In fact, I did a search on cnn.com and put in the title, EA is worst company in America. Not one news story about this poll. Why is that?

I go under EA's newsorthy articles under their stock page and it shows nothing????

http://money.cnn.com/quote/quote.html?symb=EA

Last edited by roadman; 04-12-2013 at 02:50 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content »