Home

EA is the 'Worst Company In America'

This is a discussion on EA is the 'Worst Company In America' within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2013, 01:59 PM   #129
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: EA is the 'Worst Company In America'

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Would the poll make any difference if was posted on cnn.com only?

If the poll says, worst company in America, I don't care where it's posted, I'm looking at the overall picture, worst company in America.

In fact, I did a search on cnn.com and put in the title, EA is worst company in America. Not one news story about this poll. Why is that?

I go under EA's newsorthy articles under their stock page and it shows nothing????

http://money.cnn.com/quote/quote.html?symb=EA
I do care where it's posted. I would take a different perspective on a news forum. But we are on a video game forum that is highly influenced by Madden and EA/Tib. If the poll had BOA, it wouldn't even be posted on OS. And if the article with Mr. Moore's statements accompanied the poll, I would still be appalled by a company's high ranking official making such irresponsible statements and be very Leary of said company.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:02 PM   #130
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
I do care where it's posted. I would take a different perspective on a news forum. But we are on a video game forum that is highly influenced by Madden and EA/Tib. If the poll had BOA, it wouldn't even be posted on OS. And if the article with Mr. Moore's statements accompanied the poll, I would still be appalled by a company's high ranking official making such irresponsible statements and be very Leary of said company.

Old 04-12-2013, 02:05 PM   #131
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14

At some point in this thread I had to stop reading the bickering back and forth...

EA won the award 2 years in a row, Peter said some things... let's just see if EA is going to improve their products, catering to what fans have been asking for for years, and if they do things to change the perception they have garnered.

Me.. im not hopeful after QA'n their products, emailing their CEO's & devs, and seeing the same issues I had emailed about years ago, still in their games today, or games that got canceled before release.. hint hint..

I forgot to add that since that email, I don't own any EA developed or published game at all. If I see improvement I may buy used, but for now I'll stick to their demos...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes

Last edited by noshun; 04-12-2013 at 02:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2013, 02:07 PM   #132
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
My point is, the title encompasses the word America.

It's a biased award. The article below states that is why mainstream sites didn't publish the results.

This is the best article, yet on the whole subject. He is a gamer journalist, and wrote the article for Forbes magazine.

He says repeatedly that EA doesn't deserve the crown and it's a biased poll, but he also hammers away at EA for their practices and policies.

Well balanced article that I'm getting behind, exactly the way I feel.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertco...america-again/

Last edited by roadman; 04-12-2013 at 02:10 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:10 PM   #133
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
My point is, the title encompasses the word America.

This is the best article, yet on the whole subject. He is a gamer journalist, and wrote the article for Forbes magazine.

He says repeatedly that EA doesn't deserve the crown and it's a biased poll, but he also hammers away at EA for their practices and policies.

Well balanced article that I'm getting behind, exactly the way I feel.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertco...america-again/
I never said it deserved "worst in america". They just deserve a bad rep and the poll and Mr. Moore's comments reflect that.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:32 PM   #134
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Quote:
I don't have MLB2K13. But still use MLB2k12 when I'm at the computer. Bought last years The Show well after release at a great discount cause I heard such good things about it. I'll only buy PC games unless the game ONLY comes out on a console. I like The Show, especially the deeper financials.
And how are those deeper financials working for you this year?

Oh wait, they were removed. I guess EA isn't the only company that takes away features.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 04-12-2013, 02:50 PM   #135
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
And how are those deeper financials working for you this year?

Oh wait, they were removed. I guess EA isn't the only company that takes away features.

I don't have this years The Show. Only going by last years. You have this years? How's the rest of the game? Arcady and Buggy, like Madden?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2013, 03:05 PM   #136
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Quote:
I don't have this years The Show. Only going by last years. You have this years? How's the rest of the game? Arcady and Buggy, like Madden?
Well, before the second patch the CPU pitchers through a meatball right down the center of the plate at the beginning of every inning and also when a reliever was brought in. Also the sim stats were completely wack. Starting pitchers would have 30 k's at the end if the year, lowest ERA's were in the 5's, etc, etc.

Most everything was fixed after the first patch, which came almost a month after release. However, there's still problems such as only certain rookies are being correctly recognized in franchise, therefore your Rookie of the Year could end up hitting .225 with 5 HR's.

Other than that the game plays like a dream offline. Online from what I've read is as bad as it's ever been. Well, unless you enjoy having the game freeze whenever you bring in a relief pitcher. I'm not sure what other problems it has online because that's not something I play.

Oh and to give you the answer you were fishing for... even with all those bugs The Show still is a better game than Madden. That still doesn't make EA the worst company in America. Worst video game company? Maybe, but even that's debatable.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »