EA is the 'Worst Company In America' - Page 6 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

EA is the 'Worst Company In America'

This is a discussion on EA is the 'Worst Company In America' within the Operation Sports Content forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content

Old 04-11-2013, 09:51 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: EA is the 'Worst Company In America'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Tendrils
I think Chris was using what we like to call sarcasm because of how ridiculous Peter's comments were regarding the poll.

I'm surprised this is even a news-worthy story.
Yes, why are we wasting time on this when we could be discussing the Madden cover vote or ESPN's hype piece on new features in NCAA? THIS IS THE YEAR!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2013, 11:17 AM   #42
MVP

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
The poll was a bunch of horse ****. We have become a world where everyone, and everything is judged in the public court with a poll, tweet or like or dislike on Facebook. Blech!

Pathetic.

In regards to EA? They make some awesome games and like other game developers not so good games.

Worst company? Come on now.
If you are taking the poll at face value, and only take this from the article, then I just SMH. You're not appalled at Peter Moore's arrogance in his responses to this poll? Doesn't Peter's responses say something about EA's attitude and business practices? If all you take out of this poll is "BS, EA's not the worst?", then I think you really lose the point of the article.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:35 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
If you are taking the poll at face value, and only take this from the article, then I just SMH. You're not appalled at Peter Moore's arrogance in his responses to this poll? Doesn't Peter's responses say something about EA's attitude and business practices? If all you take out of this poll is "BS, EA's not the worst?", then I think you really lose the point of the article.
It's interesting to me there are individuals who are more indignant over a 'BS' poll (and use it as a major source of deflection, i.e., "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain") than Peter Moore's attitude and response to it. Moore would be proud I'm sure.

Maybe they feel he was justified even though similar comments or responses would be banned here?

Last edited by Flamehead; 04-11-2013 at 12:38 PM.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:41 PM   #44
Return of the Faceuary

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

Its interesting to me that people dedicate more time and energy into getting riled up over a video game company and its practices than companies that are actually doing extremely shady ****.

Old 04-11-2013, 12:54 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 5

Quote:
Its interesting to me that people dedicate more time and energy into getting riled up over a video game company and its practices than companies that are actually doing extremely shady ****.
Well, a decade is a long time to go w/o being satisfied with an NFL video football game. And just because many feel EA has questionable business practices and are dissatisfied with EA and Tib, doesn't mean that they aren't even more appalled at other things even more "shady". These things aren't tied to each other where you're allowed to feel one and not the other.

Companies being even more shady doesn't excuse Mr. Moore's, EA's and Tibs's attitude toward consumers.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:08 PM   #46
Return of the Faceuary

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
Well, a decade is a long time to go w/o being satisfied with an NFL video football game.
First world problems. Don't buy it. Again, there are a lot worse things in life.

Quote:
And just because many feel EA has questionable business practices and are dissatisfied with EA and Tib, doesn't mean that they aren't even more appalled at other things even more "shady". These things aren't tied to each other where you're allowed to feel one and not the other.
But wasn't that the point of the poll?

Quote:
Companies being even more shady doesn't excuse Mr. Moore's, EA's and Tibs's attitude toward consumers.
I haven't had any personal experiences with EA other than buying and enjoying their games. The games I didn't enjoy I stopped supporting by not buying further incarnations. Its really not that hard to do. Our "feedback" to companies aren't random internet polls, emails, or customer service calls. Our feedback is our dollar. Don't like it don't buy it. That's how it works. Apparently a lot of people still like EA enough to keep buying and supporting their ****.

Old 04-11-2013, 01:11 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Again with the deflection.

The silence on Moore's comments from those who trash the poll is deafening.

But I get it....deflect, deflect, deflect to your hearts' content. 'Valid' poll or not, Moore with his attitude and culture is the leader of your beloved EA. That does and will carry over.
If it seeps into this poll or that survey, so be it.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:15 PM   #48
#chooe2018

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I still don't understand why it's apparently okay to single out EA for things like microtransactions, day one DLC, middling customer support, sequel reliance / franchise milking, and aggressive project deadlines leading to day one patches when by-and-large every major video game publishing house (with Valve being effectively the sole exception) is also guilty of the same practices.

What's the difference?

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content »