Home

EA is the 'Worst Company In America'

This is a discussion on EA is the 'Worst Company In America' within the Operation Sports Content forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content
FIFA 19 Review
NHL 19 Review
NBA 2K19 Review
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2013, 01:40 PM   #57
MVP
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Jan 2008
Re: EA is the 'Worst Company In America'

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
You're way too focused on Madden in this situation. Madden is a small drop in the whole EA corporate umbrella.
Madden is far from a small drop. But I am more focused on Madden cause it's keeping me from having a game I really want to have.

There's only one other game I want as much as a really good NFL video game, and that would be a Bethesda like open world western that you can create your own character and the game is highly customizable (on the PC). So far, Red Dead has been the closest thing to it.
bucky60 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:43 PM   #58
MVP
 
Iceman87GT's Arena
 
OVR: 15
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Lilburn, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreaksoftheGame
EA has continued to fail at satisfying consumers.

I don't understand how the NBA and the NCAA allowed them to purchase a license and not use it. Sure you make the money but how does the contract not state you must produce something to further spread the NBA and NCAA's advertisement.

It really makes the NBA and NCAA look bad if they sell the rights for a game that doesn't get made right?
EA doesn't have an exclusive license to make NBA games (see 2K), they have a license to make NBA games, and they have released 2 NBA games since the last edition of NBA Live, with NBA Jam, and NBA Jam: On Fire Edition. Don't know what your beef is about that.

They grabbed the NCAAB license after 2K ducked out of the competition because of lackluster sale numbers, EA made 2 more games and then stopped because of lackluster sales. Nobody is making NCAA basketball games because they don't think they would sell (I say that's BS, and people would gladly flock to buy one it one were to be released, but that is partly because of the lack of one in over 3 years), EA no longer holds the exclusive license, you don't get to keep those if you don't use it
Iceman87GT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:45 PM   #59
MVP
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Jan 2008
Re: EA is the 'Worst Company In America'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman87GT
The Online pass is for the ability to access the online servers, not for the ability to play the game.
I don't have an XBOX, so I may have misunderstood this. I thought you had to be logged in to the online server to play madden on the XBOX. If not then my bad. I also thought you had to be logged into the EA servers for M13 since offline mode is still buggy.
bucky60 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:55 PM   #60
Rookie
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Jun 2012
Re: EA is the 'Worst Company In America'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
I don't have an XBOX, so I may have misunderstood this. I thought you had to be logged in to the online server to play madden on the XBOX. If not then my bad. I also thought you had to be logged into the EA servers for M13 since offline mode is still buggy.
You don't have to be online to play M13, you can use offline, so you need online pass only if you are into online games against others.

Other then that there is no difference at all,(non) AI is dumb as doorknob no matter are you being offline or online and can't do darn thing without blatantly cheating.

I still can't play NCAA 13 because they never bothered to fix DB glitch and aggressive zone (beating everyone by 30+ points because of it is not my cup of tea)

If they have released those 2 games on PC, community would have fixed both (AI and DB glitch ) long time ago, but noo..

Last edited by tariq071; 04-11-2013 at 01:59 PM.
tariq071 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:57 PM   #61
****
 
ubernoob's Arena
 
OVR: 24
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Santa Maria, CA
Posts: 15,691
You act like purchasing a used game means its extra stress on the servers.

You're are just taking that persons spot. Online pass is ridiculous. Its not like for selling a used game its stress that wouldn't be on the servers in the first spot if that person kept their game they bought new.
__________________
Steam name - ubernoobnth
PSN ID -nthubernoob
Switch FC - SW-8414-3874-0897
Battle.Net BTag -ubernoob#1403


Twitch
ubernoob is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:06 PM   #62
MVP
 
Iceman87GT's Arena
 
OVR: 15
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Lilburn, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
I don't have an XBOX, so I may have misunderstood this. I thought you had to be logged in to the online server to play madden on the XBOX. If not then my bad. I also thought you had to be logged into the EA servers for M13 since offline mode is still buggy.
Connected Career Mode has an offline option, all they did was roll in Franchise and Superstar into one mode called it something else and then improved aspects. By bundling the 2 they can work on Superstar and Franchise at the same time instead of working on 2 different modes (which would result in Superstar being improved one year and then Franchise the next). They changed a lot of things up in the new mode (they didn't simply bundle the 2 modes). Its a step in the right direction.

Online Passes are not limited to EA by the way, and in pretty much every situation the online pass only grants you access to extra content, not crucial content (i.e. story mode, basic career modes in sports games, etc.).
Iceman87GT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:09 PM   #63
Strike Hard and Fade Away
 
Fresh Tendrils's Arena
 
OVR: 51
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Blue Ridge
Posts: 39,614
Blog Entries: 8
Re: EA is the 'Worst Company In America'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
Madden is far from a small drop. But I am more focused on Madden cause it's keeping me from having a game I really want to have.

There's only one other game I want as much as a really good NFL video game, and that would be a Bethesda like open world western that you can create your own character and the game is highly customizable (on the PC). So far, Red Dead has been the closest thing to it.
1. The NFL is keeping you from what you really want because they chose to award EA with an exclusive license.
2. And what you want apparently doesn't exist and you acknowledge it isn't alone in that category. There are games I want that simply aren't available. You live without and hope someday they'll come out, but if not oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
And I have been very good at doing this. But me not buying/supporting a product doesn't make EA a good company. So I'm not sure what your statement really means in the context of "Is EA a good or bad company". Whether I buy one of their products or not does not make them a good or bad company. So what's your point in the context of the article associated with the poll?

Well, seems Peter Moore disagrees with you since he responded to the poll with some pretty arrogant and outrageously blind excuses.
Of course Moore is going to address the poll publicly since it is, for some reason, making headlines. Behind closed doors EA's accountants aren't looking at online polls - they're looking at sales numbers. That's their barometer of what they're doing. Dissatisfied or not people are still buying their product and as long as droves of people still approve of this then no matter what the online polling community thinks EA is going to continue with their business model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tariq071

Their forums , TOS , Origins and everything else is draconian and overly intrusive with complete disregard to customer's rights.Heck.if you try to mod single player game even a bit , you risk getting permaban on Origin(not talking about Simcity).IMHO they deserve same fate that THQ got, but it's unlikely in near future.
Consumer rights? If EA was forcing people into their games then maybe, but when the consumer has the ability to chose whether or not they want to use EA's services and products I don't see how they're infringing on anything.
__________________



Fresh Tendrils is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:43 PM   #64
MVP
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Jan 2008
Re: EA is the 'Worst Company In America'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman87GT
Connected Career Mode has an offline option, all they did was roll in Franchise and Superstar into one mode called it something else and then improved aspects.
Connected Careers does not have a real Owner Franchise mode. They made CC more restrictive in what you can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman87GT
Online Passes are not limited to EA by the way, and in pretty much every situation the online pass only grants you access to extra content, not crucial content (i.e. story mode, basic career modes in sports games, etc.).
The only thing I have against paying for the extra content is if the extra content was things that used to come with the game. It's like taking things out of the game just to make people pay extra for it. I don't really mind paying for things that are truly extra and greatly enhance the original. Like the Bethesda add ons.
bucky60 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:07 AM.

Top -