Home

Watch LIVE: The New Xbox Revealed

This is a discussion on Watch LIVE: The New Xbox Revealed within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2013, 08:14 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radja
one last thing, it is obvious microsoft is appealing to developers. charging a fee makes them want to develop for them. sony has a chance to appeal to customers if they decide against this. i am already leaning toward the ps4 after this used game announcement. if sony does similar with used games, i will likely wait a couple years to allow both companies to sort out their inevitable bugs and problems before upgrading.
sony already said they not doing anything like this towards used games
Old 05-21-2013, 08:16 PM   #50
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaxab
...and EA just, out of sheer coincidence, made their announcement shortly before we found out about the used game fee for the XBox One? An EA that has struck these exclusive deals with Microsoft for content on the One? You have a whole lot more faith in EA than I do.
i would agree at some points you made but not 100% beacause its not like EA games is only played on microsoft, with that being said ps4 won't do this used game crap to you, plus you don't have to worry about online pass with EA any more..win win with the ps4 lol
Old 05-21-2013, 09:39 PM   #51
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

Re: Watch LIVE: The New Xbox Revealed

Just a question. Has Sony said for sure (100%) that the PS4 will not have any used game fees or have they just been vague and said it will play used games, but no further details on it all? I just cannot see only MS doing this alone.
Twitter
YouTube
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2013, 10:29 PM   #52
Pro

tHurley2010's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by papernut
Just a question. Has Sony said for sure (100%) that the PS4 will not have any used game fees or have they just been vague and said it will play used games, but no further details on it all? I just cannot see only MS doing this alone.
Sony hasn't said anything confirmatory or contrary to a used game fee. It has been their M.O. to not charge for used games, or anything besides premium content. But a fee for used games also hasn't been customary for Microsoft.

The fee for used games has been a uniquely EA idea.

That being said, dependent upon what Sony does or how much the fee for used games is, why even bother having a GameStop?

Also, here's a scenario. The new designed 360 hasn't had any hardware problems. With a new console comes that new risk that the hardware may malfunction and red-ring. Since the word is that the games can only be installed on one hard drive, what happens if the malfunction causes you to need a whole new system? That's a raw deal right there.

Maybe I'm interpreting what I've heard wrong, but if I haven't...boy...
Old 05-21-2013, 10:39 PM   #53
Rookie

actually as mention it on article that seen online and in interview in the game-informer magazine that they do not support of not playing used games or charging for them. Again EA has nothing to do with xbox one not charging you for used games if that was the case sony would be doing the same thing and it would only EA games that you would charge for playing their used games...smh
Old 05-21-2013, 10:55 PM   #54
Pro

tHurley2010's Arena

OVR: 9

Apparently there is a lot of confusion about the whole fee for used games issue.

We need a clear answer to this and we need it soon.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:04 AM   #55
Banned

OVR: 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWgUO-Rqcw

This very accurately sums up my thoughts on the new xbox reveal.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »