Home

Xbox One Won't Support Game Rentals, Used Games Decided by Publishers

This is a discussion on Xbox One Won't Support Game Rentals, Used Games Decided by Publishers within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2013, 06:49 PM   #33
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

OVR: 0
Who rents games? ever heard of GAME FLY?
Old 06-07-2013, 07:11 PM   #34
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
I'm out on the X1. PS4 is my only hope, or else I will have to actually be an adult and stop playing video game.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:44 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 3
Horrible decision...I will sign up for the class action lawsuit when it comes. Who are they to tell me where or with whom I play a game after I BUY IT?!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2013, 07:54 PM   #36
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Xbox One Won't Support Game Rentals, Used Games Decided by Publishers

Well, Count me in line for the Playstation 4.... I rent games from Redbox.. Cheap and easy... Gamefly isn't for me because I don't play that much.. I really only buy NHL every year but rent different types... If I like it, I may buy it... Hello Ps4.. This from a guy who loves the 360
Old 06-07-2013, 08:00 PM   #37
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIm
Well, Count me in line for the Playstation 4.... I rent games from Redbox.. Cheap and easy... Gamefly isn't for me because I don't play that much.. I really only buy NHL every year but rent different types... If I like it, I may buy it... Hello Ps4.. This from a guy who loves the 360
Now if Ps4 looks at this and starts at a nice price point, They will blow microsoft out of the water twice..... Big mistake... I don't play everyday... Nor sometimes never go online.. I could care less about the tv part.. I can press input on my remote...
Old 06-07-2013, 08:39 PM   #38
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8
"Xbox One policy is a lovely marriage proposal to big corporations"

http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/7/4406...t-trade-policy

"Some commentators have compared the Xbox One's internet-connection and used-game policies to PC gaming. And sure, the Xbox One does appear to share the worst parts of PC gaming: obtrusive DRM from AAA publishers; complex if not impossible methods for sharing games; the need for an internet connection to play some games, connect to some digital merchants and ping some third-party servers.

But the Xbox One policy doesn't share the good aspects of PC gaming. PC games can be given away by developers. PC games can be sold without DRM. There are alternative retailers, allowing the consumer to choose where he or she buys from. And because there is choice, there is competition, and because there is competition, there is competitive pricing.

On PC, you can "donate" to the Humble Bundle and choose precise amounts of cash to award a game's creator. On PC, you can play alpha builds of games that are months if not years from completion, and participate in some capacity in that game's development. On PC, publishers are free to do all of the awful things offered by the Xbox One. But they're also free to do things that are responsible and consumer-friendly."
Old 06-07-2013, 08:43 PM   #39
Rookie

chrisphil1724's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIm
Now if Ps4 looks at this and starts at a nice price point, They will blow microsoft out of the water twice..... Big mistake... I don't play everyday... Nor sometimes never go online.. I could care less about the tv part.. I can press input on my remote...
Don't jump into these ps4 lines just yet. Wait till you hear about Sony's DRM....it could be worst on the PS4
Old 06-07-2013, 09:15 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 19
Doesn't apple already do this with its media content. Users are technically leasing all the music, video, books etc that they buy.
In addition these copyright laws have existed for the longest. The way content is delivered now allows companies the opportunity to enforce these laws.
This is the wave of the future (downloads, streaming media etc), once physical media ceases to exist, users will not be allowed to share anything.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »