Home

Xbox One Won't Support Game Rentals, Used Games Decided by Publishers

This is a discussion on Xbox One Won't Support Game Rentals, Used Games Decided by Publishers within the Operation Sports Content forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content
NBA Live 19 Review
NBA 2K19 Review
NASCAR Heat 3 Review

Old 06-08-2013, 12:34 AM   #49
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

OVR: 27
Microsoft is going to have to have a mind-blowing E3 to overcome all this negative publicity.

Unless I'm blown away by some great E3 Xbox One gameplay videos, I'm going to wait on the sidelines and continue playing my Xbox 360, PS3 and PC games. I'll let others be the initial users/guinea pigs and see how they enjoy the new consoles for the first year before I think of buying. I'm sure others will be in the same boat.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:58 AM   #50
Banned

rman's Arena

OVR: 4
Silly MS and the DRM xbone...this system is going to get hacked fast. I predict this will be a hackers paradise, the pirates will flock to this system. Won't make it past the first month...it will be hacked! MS you and the others will never learn that this practice only hurts legit buying consumers while the pirates enjoy the free error free from DRM games.
Old 06-08-2013, 03:03 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Xbox One Won't Support Game Rentals, Used Games Decided by Publishers

Here's more "good news" from M$.....

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Micro...t-359264.shtml

Going to be interesting to see what happens at E3.
Old 06-08-2013, 03:16 AM   #52
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
I've been playing video games weekly since 1979 when I received an Atari 2600 and for the first time I believe console video gaming is in some real trouble. With as bad as the economy is and is likely to remain for a long time, console makers and publisher need to think about what gamers want and sell that instead of trying to make everything fit into a business model.
Old 06-08-2013, 03:58 AM   #53
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23
Hey, let's cost tons of people their jobs because developers have been giving us half developed games for years and are upset that we aren't settling with it. We vote with our wallet and they try to circumvent it to force our hand?

Awful business practice, if the game industry doesn't reform, it's going to collapse. Give us quality and the money will follow, give us average games with several design flaws and your revenue will be reduced.

Game prices increased 20% from xb/ps2 from $50 to $60. This industry definitely needs to learn economics, even just lowering the price of games would result in more sales.

100 @ 50 > 75 @ 60 especially with DLC growing to a forefront, not to mention the global recession that people are pulling from. Especially when overhead is minimal when it comes to replicating discs and packaging.

On the plus side, I have my new PC (because of this) and I'll have a Ps4 primarily for only CoD with friends, PS exclusives and my sports games. Been a Xbox customer and live subscriber for close to a decade, and that's gone.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:13 AM   #54
Rookie

dcal's Arena

OVR: 19
Xbox Done.....PS4 won;-)
Old 06-08-2013, 09:00 AM   #55
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8
I agree with all you guys above. I will never support this anti-consumer piece of hardware. The sheep who wait in line at midnight for CoD/Madden types can go ahead and have it. But at some point, as an informed consumer, you have to say Enough.

And I also agree that the decision has never been made clearer... PC Gaming FTW.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:29 AM   #56
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31
My stance on the whole thing is this: While I'm an ardent follower of PlayStation, I think they'll have a similar outlook on this...Microsoft just took the brunt of the outrage.

That being said, I do think that as consumers we need to put our foot down. If publishers and console makers want to take this stance with us, then we should be able to send back a game that is full of bugs, doesn't work out of the box, or is otherwise rendered unplayable, without much hassle. Something like a "lemon law" for games.

As it stands now if a game in question is riddled with bugs and glitches we have to jump through hoops to receive any compensation. Not being able to rent games or share games should really put this on the front burners for us. Now we'll get demos that might not be indicative of the final build, but rather a souped up version of an inferior product (NCAA '11 immediately comes to mind).

I get publishers want their cut, they deserve it, believe me, I get it. However, their cut is budging into the end-user's experience when it should really cut into the revenue made by the console makers. Cut into Microsoft's and Sony's profits, hell even GameStop's if you want, but you shouldn't sacrifice how customer's access your game.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content »