Home

The Time is Now for Online Co-op in Sports Games

This is a discussion on The Time is Now for Online Co-op in Sports Games within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2013, 10:24 AM   #9
Rookie

The Senator's Arena

OVR: 0
Madden isn't a great example for this. Far as I'm concerned, football isn't a great game for co-op gaming, there's too many strictly regimented aspects of the game, especially on offense for it to work smoothly. Now basketball, soccer, hockey all share a common thread in that they incorporate constant free flowing motion, and as such, make for a much better co-op experience. Yes, you still need to know HOW to move, but for a video game experience, it's more stimulating by a large margin than running a route as a receiver or blocking a defensive end. Nobody's going to want to spend a whole game as an O-Lineman, and constantly switching off on positions and playcalling through a game will just result in inconsistencies.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:34 AM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Senator
Madden isn't a great example for this. Far as I'm concerned, football isn't a great game for co-op gaming, there's too many strictly regimented aspects of the game, especially on offense for it to work smoothly. Now basketball, soccer, hockey all share a common thread in that they incorporate constant free flowing motion, and as such, make for a much better co-op experience. Yes, you still need to know HOW to move, but for a video game experience, it's more stimulating by a large margin than running a route as a receiver or blocking a defensive end. Nobody's going to want to spend a whole game as an O-Lineman, and constantly switching off on positions and playcalling through a game will just result in inconsistencies.
Yeah I understand they may be true for some people not having fun playing a O-lineman.But when I play offline at my friends house we dont even play offense at all we super sim offense.
But really I wouldn't mind playing something that isn't used much , the big thing to me is teamwork.A team needs O-linemen , I'm pretty sure there would plenty of people would end up playing them.You really dont have to even play a O-lineman if it was 5 man coop.Which we dont even have 2 man coop online season/connected career yet.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:38 AM   #11
Just started!

Ive been wishing for that FOREVER.My most played sports games are the NHL 11-13 and NBA 2k10-13.And I wish that on 2k you could have a couple of friends in th MY Career mode.Like that right there would be just as exciting as the return of Crew Mode.NHL is fine though with the EASHL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2013, 12:12 PM   #12
Rookie

Sports Operator's Arena

OVR: 5
Great article mannnnnn!!! Literally, for the past few years, a few buddies and me have been talking and wishing for this very thing! Notably in nba2k and Madden. Imagine being able to throw magic and bird on an expansion team in NBA2K and play for ten years with your buddy trying to win every championship you can, and take it out of LeBron's hands while you're at it!!!!
Old 08-19-2013, 12:25 AM   #13
McG
Rookie

McG's Arena

OVR: 1
This is why I've been playing FIFA since 08. You can play 11 v 11 online (random games are horrible due to kids and morons). Clubs are pretty good, but they really need to add more customization options to it.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:24 PM   #14

OVR: 34
Re: The Time is Now for Online Co-op in Sports Games

Good points here. I would also include spectator mode. It is long overdue.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:41 AM   #15
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12
I've been waiting forever for this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2013, 12:49 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 1
This will never happen until they can get player vs player online matches not to break up. Referring to Madeen here. Bu yes SR3 is one of the BEST COOP games out there and that is why I still play it.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »