Home

OS Roundtable: Does the Lack of Next-Gen Info Worry You?

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: Does the Lack of Next-Gen Info Worry You? within the Operation Sports Content forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content
FIFA 19 Review
NHL 19 Review
NBA 2K19 Review

Old 09-25-2013, 08:45 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
I agree with your comments. The game companies want the current gen games to be successful. They have the much larger installed base, and current gen is more critical financially. I am sure by November we will see the marketing crank up for next gen.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:02 PM   #26
Rookie

Those who are sticking to current gen won't be bothered by next gen. Next gen buyers won't buy current gen. They show next gen, it won't hurt sales. Money is money a sale is a sale, no matter if it's current or next gen.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:48 PM   #27
Rookie

tom180's Arena

I'm not worried as more info will be released once the current gen games have come out. I expect to see more info on NHL, Madden and FIFA in October now as the current gen games have been released.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:25 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 19
no, not worried.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:25 AM   #29
Banned

dallas fan's Arena

OVR: 2
I did not pre-order a nxt gen console for this exact reason. EA completely dropped the ball at the start of this generation of consoles, the pre rendered videos and hype surrounding Madden and Live came to a thunderous crashing halt when the games hit the shelves. Again this time around they have released two pre rendered trailers along with fuzzy screen shots and a completely underwhelming demo of AP running the ball in practice mode. I have a very strong feeling the lack of any gameplay videos is a direct result of the games not making a significant jump over current gen and they know we gamers are going to rip the videos apart dissecting every aspect of the games. They are doing the very best they can to keep us biting at the bit and pre ordering as many new consoles and games before they finally have to drop footage of these games which are basically ports with spiffy new graphics and a couple dozen new animations. Smart EA, very smart! I am just glad that when EA does start rolling out the goods and everybody realizes we have been duped once again that I did not fall for it this time and pre order a powerful new console with games fit for a drink coaster.
Old 09-26-2013, 03:03 AM   #30
Pro

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
no, not worried.
...exactly
Old 09-26-2013, 07:43 AM   #31
Banned

OVR: 1
I'm a little worried because I feel like BF4 is all over the place and they talk about Next Gen and Madden has only scratched the surface of Madden 25 Next Gen. And one person commented the release is months away, it is little over 1 1/2 months before PS4 comes out and Madden is supposed to be a launch title. Time to start giving some info, EA.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2013, 08:21 AM   #32
MVP

OVR: 13
Not a bit. I'm planning to stay with the current generation for at least a year before moving on.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content »