Home

OS Roundtable: Does the Lack of Next-Gen Info Worry You?

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: Does the Lack of Next-Gen Info Worry You? within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2013, 02:42 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 1
YES AND NO! Here's why! Of course, the easiest worry is that is not so much better than current gen.t. NO, because they may want the current gen to sell ALSO; since the next gen is indeep much better! Simple as that,
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2013, 03:08 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0
It didn't... until we were told we were going to receive gameplay footage on a specific date, and we didn't...
Old 09-26-2013, 04:11 PM   #43
Cheeseproof.com

quehouston's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: OS Roundtable: Does the Lack of Next-Gen Info Worry You?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipCityAndy
It didn't... until we were told we were going to receive gameplay footage on a specific date, and we didn't...
If you are referring to Live 14, that was false information given by a fake facebook page.

Nowhere on the EA Sports website or Twitter page did EA say that Live 14 trailers were being released on specific dates.
@_quehouston and @cheeseproof
Old 09-26-2013, 04:43 PM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by quehouston
If you are referring to Live 14, that was false information given by a fake facebook page.

Nowhere on the EA Sports website or Twitter page did EA say that Live 14 trailers were being released on specific dates.
Really? Good to know... I must have missed that information yesterday. Thanks.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:01 PM   #45
Rookie

I'm not worried because I have assumed they will be buggy, have marginally better graphics and actually have less features than the current generation.
You can say I'm being cynical, but that's been the case in just about every instance.....ever. And I'm not complaining. I understand why this is the case, and I look forward to companies maximizing this next generation hardware.

So I don't expect anything, this silence only serves to confirm these suspicions, and if someone does come out with a great product, than I'll consider it a very pleasant surprise...If not...that's par for the course.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2013, 05:32 PM   #46
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8
Not worried at all. The problem at the beginning of the last gen was a combination of the move to HD and the fact that 360 & PS3 were released a year apart. I believe company's did not go all in at that time because of the staggered console releases and the fact that previous gen was still really only 5 years old and still going strong.
This time around there is really no big technological changes other than added horsepower and the two big consoles are releasing within weeks of each other. Developers this time around have been begging for new hardware and are most likely going all in.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:53 AM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retropyro
Not worried at all. The problem at the beginning of the last gen was a combination of the move to HD and the fact that 360 & PS3 were released a year apart. I believe company's did not go all in at that time because of the staggered console releases and the fact that previous gen was still really only 5 years old and still going strong.
This time around there is really no big technological changes other than added horsepower and the two big consoles are releasing within weeks of each other. Developers this time around have been begging for new hardware and are most likely going all in.
the best response on here yet...
Old 09-27-2013, 03:53 PM   #48
Banned

At first i was not. But then i got to thinking. How long has next gen been in development? Because if devlopment was a normal cycle time. I am really worried. I went from 100pct for sure buying a next gen system to about 90pct right now. I might be in the minority on this, but i wished 2k & EA would have released next gen next year. Both companies should hav just focused on the current gen. Then next year they should hav went full throttle putting out the best product possible.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »