Home

OS Roundtable: Basketball Edition

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: Basketball Edition within the Operation Sports Content forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content
Breaking Down FIFA 19's New Features
NBA 2K League Player Power Rankings (Pre-Playoffs)
NBA Live 19 Introduces The One Court - Allowing Fans to Create and Customize Their Own Courts

Old 11-01-2013, 12:07 AM   #17
Just chill and enjoy

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmehustle
Question 1) I say no. 2K has been incredible although two games always gives people something to argue and talk about. Even still I have to admit I know a couple people that have not played a basketball game this generation and probably wont until Live comes out. Talk about head being buried in the sand lol!

Question 2) Yes. Other 2Ks might be better with gameplay, and features, but I'll never be shocked the way I was when I first saw the Jordan challenge. Nothing never ever will drop my jaw like that again!

Question 3) I dont really care for legends. Its not something I really get into. I get more into the current players and future players in my association. I hope they never get rid of the customization that 2K has always been known for. But the legends are cool though.

Question 4) Like everybody else who played, I loved CH2K8. Look back at the game and how many stars were in that game. D Rose, Beasley, the Lopez twins, Westbrook, Kevin Love, Joe Alexander (wait what???). Great game when you got the rosters. I loved that game more the NBA 2k8!

Question 5) EA will keep putting out games regardless of the quality. Like my friend who never played 2K, there are people out there who will just buy EA sports games off of the name, regardless whether its good or not. So why not keep putting it out? Im sure EA will continue from here on out with a Live game and so will 2K. Great, competition is terrific for us.
Man, you can't say you don't care for legends, but you liked stars of today in an old game.. its pretty much the same thing, plus today's players will be legends tomorrow. You already see a class of guys getting ready to leave the league, iverson, kobe, duncan, ray allen, jason kidd, etc, etc... its going to keep happening. Wade Paul Pierce and others will be right there or right behind them... im sure you wont say you don't care to see those guys anymore.
Old 11-01-2013, 06:48 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Man, you can't say you don't care for legends, but you liked stars of today in an old game.. its pretty much the same thing, plus today's players will be legends tomorrow. You already see a class of guys getting ready to leave the league, iverson, kobe, duncan, ray allen, jason kidd, etc, etc... its going to keep happening. Wade Paul Pierce and others will be right there or right behind them... im sure you wont say you don't care to see those guys anymore.
Yea I hear you. I was just saying, I prefer association with current teams and what teams might look like in the future. But Legends are cool, I can see how people like playing with them. Just not my thing, I dont get attached lol.
Old 11-02-2013, 11:23 AM   #19
MVP

midwestking100's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtkiii
Good article. I'd like to point out(In regards to legends) that I wish NBA2K would put out two versions. Only for the fact I would've never played a NBA2K game except they included the players I loved in 11, I think.. I'm not old(37) but I am old enough to know when BBall was at it's finest and that was the 80s-90s. Those are the players I want to play with.

One that has the current rosters with all the bells and whistles. And another with exact same features and modes but with teams from 70s-2000s. Or something. Hell I'd be happy if you had to buy by genreation. Or buy the main game and buy DLC for the teams and players generations you want.

How cool would it be to do a MYPLAYER and start and come out the same year as Jordan. You could play with all the players of that time.

I know it will never happen because they would need licenses for all the players but damn it would be cool
I agree and im 26
Old 11-02-2013, 08:16 PM   #20
Just started!

my Aunty Sydney got an awesome 12 month old Mercedes SLS AMG by working parttime online. over here.......... JOBS61.¢øm
Old 11-03-2013, 01:10 AM   #21
Just started!

I think it's safe to say Legends are a mainstay within the 2K series with next gen almost here I am looking forward to seeing what the Legends look like on PS4 2K11 and 12 where two of my favorites just because the legend teams we got where near perfect and I loved the presentation it brought with it 2K will not leave them out of 2K14 people ask for new legend teams all the time but you have to know if Reggie Miller are any other legend was to be in 2k they would have to agree on it to use their likeness they have to pay them and while 15 new legend teams would have been better in current 2K14 if you cant get the best on those teams why bother but in the end I dont see 2K removing legends and that to me that is all that matters being a fan of the feature.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2013, 09:15 AM   #22
Just started!

trądzik młodzieńczy

lek na tradzik

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content »