Home

With PlayStation 4 Launching Friday, What Games are Moving?

This is a discussion on With PlayStation 4 Launching Friday, What Games are Moving? within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2013, 05:31 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
With PlayStation 4 Launching Friday, What Games are Moving?

NBA Live 14

The Playstation 4 is dropping on Friday, and we're really seeing some interesting sales trends become evident on the Amazon best sellers list for the PlayStation 4. The top selling sports/racing genre game is Need for Speed Rivals, which comes in as the sixth overall game on the best-sellers list.

The big AAA team sports are also all having strong sales amongst items related to the PS4 platform. NBA 2K14 (8th), Madden NFL 25 (10th), and FIFA Soccer 14 (11th) are all among the top selling launch titles for the PlayStation 4. It stands to reason that each of those three games are seeing strong sales, as they are among the biggest sports game releases on the new console.

However, not all is good news as NBA Live 14 checks in at #65 on the best-sellers list. Considering we have seen exactly zero actual gameplay, there is a chance the series could be set for a very disappointing re-launch sales wise. If reviews of Live 14 come in low, it will be interesting to see how much stomach for the series' future EA is going to have. With Live 14 hitting shelves next Tuesday, there's no wonder people are hesitant about pulling the trigger -- the only hope for the series seeing success commercially will have to be on a very surprising strong critical performance to drive word of mouth sales.

Another interesting tidbit is that Pre-Orders of MLB 14 The Show actually bring it in at #42 on the list -- actually above NBA Live 14.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2013, 05:41 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
When I went on Amazon, I have LIVE at #60 and The Show at #69, while NBA 2K14, Madden and FIFA are 8,9,and 10 respectively...meaning, this article is absolutely pointless and troll baiting.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:44 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4
MLB the show is going to sell more copies in week one then NBA Live 14 does until MLB's release. EA should take what they've done and make a college game and maybe that will distinguish them from NBA 2k because otherwise they cannot create a better product
Old 11-12-2013, 05:47 PM   #4
Rookie

went to Target got Madden, FIFA, and Call of Duty free. Got 2k14 at GameStop. All ready to go!!!
Old 11-12-2013, 05:47 PM   #5
Rookie

ThrowBack's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: With PlayStation 4 Launching Friday, What Games are Moving?

Where does it say Live is ranked #60? I just checked and it says it is ranked #816.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2013, 05:50 PM   #6
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
I really hope that NBA Live 14 can deliver. I used to be a Live guy back in the PS2/Gamecube days and I'd like to see them be successful again and competition is always good.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:09 PM   #7
Pro

rkocjay's Arena

Is madden really out of stock on Amazon or is it just me?
Old 11-12-2013, 06:27 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowBack
Where does it say Live is ranked #60? I just checked and it says it is ranked #816.
you might be looking at the overall best seller list...the author is referring to the PS4 list. But, the list changes every hour so a game can move from #1 to #12 in minutes, especially with their 2-for-1 deal

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »