Home

PlayStation 4 Console Review

This is a discussion on PlayStation 4 Console Review within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2013, 08:29 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: PlayStation 4 Console Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MossMan84
I bought the ps4 and got the $10 upgrade for madden. I actually brought my madden 360 game to gamestop and traded up for the ps4 madden for the $10, just traded disc for disc! I think I just got lucky that day! As far as the ps4 goes, Im not really that impressed. Madden is the only game I have just because Im crazy for the NFL! Havent bought madden in 4 or 5 years, been playing madden 05-06 on ps2. The controller feels good in my hand but not sure why we dont have the normal start n select? That options button is just off and my d-pad doesnt work in madden as far as moving my players? Plus the controller cord is way to short and the charge only lasts a couple hrs-ish. So far my ps4 gets a 6 out of 10 and madden 5 out of 10! Good article!
Buys only madden(the least of the next gen games), then complains that next gen isn't impressive. People will people.

Now i am not saying next gen is impressive. The only things impressive to me have been Killzone and NBA 2k but only when looking at the visuals. Everything else has been meh but like the reviewer mentioned, there is lots of potential to be had. I think, next year will bring more impressive games. if you're an MLB fan, you will have to wait for 2 more years to get a true next gen mlb game. I just don't see the ps4 version of mlb being radically different from the ps3 from a gameplay standpoint.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2013, 11:51 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 4
Lol people act like the Xbox doesn't play video games! When in reality, as powerful as the PS4 is, the graphical difference is marginal if any. One could argue that Ryse and Forza look better than anything on the PS4 currently. People say that the Xbox one features are "fluf" but the best thing about the voice kinnect and TV integration to me is the ease and quickness it allows you to get into your GAMES. Xbox is truly a next gen device that can do things no other system before could do. It has turned my first generation HDTV to a smart TV and I am enjoying the hell out of Ryse, Madden, 2k, and Killer Instinct as well. I am a 36 year old family man so I have to justify major purchases from a family perspective and the Xbox one has the whole family in mind. I will be getting a PS4 down the line for the show, uncharted, and infamous but really the ps4 is just a souped up ps3. As someone said earlier if you currently own a PS3 or Xbox360 is it really worth dropping 500 bucks right now to play Killzone and next gen 2k (which is the exact same as xbone version)? The PS3 heavily touted its ability to play Blu-rays but that didnt make it any less or more a gaming machine!

I'm not trying to put down the PS4, I'm just defending the Xbox one and challenging the notion that the PS4 is the only option for "serious gamers" or that the Xbox one neglected gamers because it has non-gaming features intergrated in it. Don't knock the features if you have not tried them because its hard to appreciate untill you have it in your living room. I didn't think I would use voice kinnect at all but it truly is innovative and makes it hard to go back to the 360/ps3.
Old 11-28-2013, 12:27 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmo2278
Lol people act like the Xbox doesn't play video games! When in reality, as powerful as the PS4 is, the graphical difference is marginal if any. One could argue that Ryse and Forza look better than anything on the PS4 currently. People say that the Xbox one features are "fluf" but the best thing about the voice kinnect and TV integration to me is the ease and quickness it allows you to get into your GAMES. Xbox is truly a next gen device that can do things no other system before could do. It has turned my first generation HDTV to a smart TV and I am enjoying the hell out of Ryse, Madden, 2k, and Killer Instinct as well. I am a 36 year old family man so I have to justify major purchases from a family perspective and the Xbox one has the whole family in mind. I will be getting a PS4 down the line for the show, uncharted, and infamous but really the ps4 is just a souped up ps3. As someone said earlier if you currently own a PS3 or Xbox360 is it really worth dropping 500 bucks right now to play Killzone and next gen 2k (which is the exact same as xbone version)? The PS3 heavily touted its ability to play Blu-rays but that didnt make it any less or more a gaming machine!

I'm not trying to put down the PS4, I'm just defending the Xbox one and challenging the notion that the PS4 is the only option for "serious gamers" or that the Xbox one neglected gamers because it has non-gaming features intergrated in it. Don't knock the features if you have not tried them because its hard to appreciate untill you have it in your living room. I didn't think I would use voice kinnect at all but it truly is innovative and makes it hard to go back to the 360/ps3.
I agree 100 percent! Like I said I dont know what I was doing before I got my Xbone, but I never want to go back. Just like before I got my Iphone I dont remember what the hell I was doing, but I never want to go back. Xbox like it or not has changed console gaming forever.
Old 11-30-2013, 12:33 AM   #28
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7
I've played both and went xbox one. To me the only thing the PS4 has over the XB1 is the show and after June I am done playing that game. The XB1 feels more next gen, the voice commands are amazing, snapping with games and most of the games I play are cross platform. Since buying the XB1 I haven't regretted it at all
Old 12-01-2013, 05:15 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 4
I'm not the biggest baseball fan but my decision (which console to buy) will be based on which game - Forza or MLB The Show - I want to play more.
Old 12-01-2013, 02:38 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 7
I have both consoles and I do not regret my purchases. I find myself not playing as much now because, to me, the differences between current and next gen is marginal. The potential, as said previously is incredible, but as for now, I cant justify a purchase for someone who is not a Tech Head as myself. I tell my friends that my opinion is based on a different perspective than most folks. I tried the XB1 fluff and bells and whistles.. can take it or leave it. I like the ps4 as well. Both play games well and based on what you are looking for and the exclusives, you cannot go wrong with either system. But I would second the motion that most casual gamers wait. As I told a friend.. the next gen does minimally, what the last gen does at its maximum. Last gen will probably not get any better than now. but that's ok. if thats what you prefer.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:50 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 0
"Xbox took gaming to a level never seen before"??? News flash - adding pic in pic of your TV isn't taking gaming to a new level, neither is Skype'n or the silly voice commands. Call me old school (36 too) but I want my gaming machine to game, not do 10 different other things besides gaming. Gaming is supposed to take you away from everyday life, not immerse you back into it. I never been a Sony guy or a Microsoft guy, in fact I usually get both systems, last year after Konnect came out I ended up trading my 360 in for another PS3 because it just felt a little to gimmicky to me. This year I pre-ordered a PS4 because I definitely want to play baseball, but also because how Sony approached everything with the PS4. I loved that they decided not to follow through with not letting people share games or trade them in. Microsoft was ready to screw the core gamers and had to backpedal faster than an NFL CB!

I haven't completely decided if I'll get both systems yet, leaning towards just getting another PS4.
Really depends on Microsofts exclusives and if I feel like giving them my hard earned money.
I love the PS4 so far and think it has a bright future, can't wait to play uncharted, the show, and other Playstation exclusives. I have some friends in the industry and they love developing for the PS4.
Right now I know that both systems are just tapping into their power, should be interesting couple years!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2013, 09:02 PM   #32
Pro

OVR: 9
That's why I got an Xbox One now... Because I won't need a PS4 until April comes, and te nex gen Show comes out.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »