Home

Top Five Stories of 2013: Tiger Woods and Fight Night Take a Break

This is a discussion on Top Five Stories of 2013: Tiger Woods and Fight Night Take a Break within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-24-2013, 02:00 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Top Five Stories of 2013: Tiger Woods and Fight Night Take a Break

Tiger Woods, a video game mainstay, won't be that way any longer.

One of the major developments in the sports game space this year that kind of slipped under the radar was the suspension of both the Tiger Woods and Fight Night franchises. EA decided that each game needed to take a break for 2014 at least, with Fight Night's future looking even more uncertain.

Read More - Top Five Stories of 2013: Tiger Woods and Fight Night Take a Break
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2013, 02:31 PM   #2
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
NO! I was looking forward to a next-gen boxibg game. So disappointed. Another reason why there must be multiple games to choose from for a sport.
Old 12-24-2013, 08:29 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 39
Yeah, EA can't put together a proper blueprint to capture boxing fans attention. I have expressed numerous times to the Fight Night producers that fans want depth and realism across the board. They are trying to get arcade fighter and casual fans but lost many of it's hardcore boxing fans. There is a older demographic that want a sim boxing game and will support a boxing title if it's handled correctly.
Old 12-25-2013, 11:15 AM   #4
Rookie

Coolade's Arena

OVR: 0

Boxing fans need not fear, the punching pugilist chael sonnen is here.
Old 12-25-2013, 05:08 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolade

Boxing fans need not fear, the punching pugilist chael sonnen is here.
It's still not boxing no matter what stand up moves they do. Boxing fans want boxing not MMA! I'm going to tell you like I told the Fight Night producers I don't do MMA/UFC!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2013, 12:02 AM   #6
All Star

OVR: 20
I have zero desire for an MMA game, regardless of its realism. I'm a hardcore boxing fan and detest MMA. I want a realistic boxing game, period.
Old 12-26-2013, 02:26 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500
I have zero desire for an MMA game, regardless of its realism. I'm a hardcore boxing fan and detest MMA. I want a realistic boxing game, period.
Exactly! You should follow the campaign for realism. I'm want sim boxing with depth! I can bet you the producers for Fight Night use over 50% of what I sent them in a document for the new UFC game but in MMA fashion.
EA is hoping they can starve boxing fans into becoming MMA/UFC fans. The hardcore fans of the sport will wait or not buy it at all.

Last edited by SHAKYR; 12-26-2013 at 08:25 AM.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:01 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0
MMA is more popular with young men than boxing these days. I only hear people talk about boxing if Floyd's involved, but all my friends and co-workers talk up the PPV UFC fights. I miss Fight Night too, but it's not smart business right now, and as much as people like to jump on EA, it's one of the few smart decisions they'be made recently.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »