Home

Top Five Stories of 2013: NBA Live Returns

This is a discussion on Top Five Stories of 2013: NBA Live Returns within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-27-2013, 10:41 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Top Five Stories of 2013: NBA Live Returns

Like a backup player filling in for a fallen starter, Electronic Arts' NBA Live 14 had a chance this November to impress gamers and supplant its star teammate, NBA 2K14, while Visual Concepts' game sat on the shelf recovering from self-inflicted injuries.

Read More - Top Five Stories of 2013: NBA Live Returns
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2013, 11:12 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
I'll say this, while I agree with most of what was written, the game many of us play today is much different than the one released. I am thoroughly enjoying Live 14 and I've been a 2k guy the last few years. I think the presentation is killer, the ESPN integration makes the experience, at least for me, a lot more authentic. Yes the graphics aren't on par with 2k but they are still actually impressive. The latest patch has made gameplay and animations a lot smoother. I'm excited for the upcoming patches and I think this is a good learning experience and a stepping stone for EA. If you're thinking about buying the game, give it a shot but don't go in with 2k expectations. Understand that this game plays and looks different.
Old 12-27-2013, 11:30 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 9
great write up. I have to say that live 14 plays much better than release date, but however there are still some core issues in the game that keeps me from rating it any higher than a 6.2 at best. The game is impossible to play with user vs user (bouncetek cheese). But i do find myself enjoying it at times as well. We have a love/hate relationship, lol.
Old 12-27-2013, 11:52 AM   #4
Rookie

I have a played the game a while after the patch and admit they have improved it, but this cannot be what Nba Live 15 looks like if they intend to come out with it next year. This game needs huge visual and animation improvements next year or they will not survive. This is the next gen era now, so make the game have the next gen feel and look.
Old 12-27-2013, 03:36 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutdown10
I have a played the game a while after the patch and admit they have improved it, but this cannot be what Nba Live 15 looks like if they intend to come out with it next year. This game needs huge visual and animation improvements next year or they will not survive. This is the next gen era now, so make the game have the next gen feel and look.
Idk, I would have to agree with the writer here. It reminds me of a buddy who had a addict girlfriend. Like how many times you gonna go for the excuse that, yea things will be different next time. Just take me back this one last time please. People just need to let it go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2013, 04:42 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmehustle
Idk, I would have to agree with the writer here. It reminds me of a buddy who had a addict girlfriend. Like how many times you gonna go for the excuse that, yea things will be different next time. Just take me back this one last time please. People just need to let it go.
I agree with the writer as well because I think the damage they've done with this game early on will be irreparable to them going forward even with the patch improvements. The only way out of this is if EA pours more money into the graphics and animations to bring out next gen look and feel. They also have to be transparent from start to finish. What I mean is that they must not hide anything with their progress and have to communicate with their supporters on a consistent basis to build that trust back.
Old 12-28-2013, 09:02 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3
Yeah, the moment they start to be cryptic in their game-developing process and be reluctant to release any actual gameplay, people should know they have another trash in store...

Next time, I will know it.
Old 12-31-2013, 01:28 AM   #8
Rookie

CoachDavid's Arena

OVR: 2
I hope they can get everything square because 2k14 is failing bad.....
I dont buy Madden for the last 3 years after having a copy of every year since the nineties. 2k had me, I played 2 years straight on mycarear formerly myplayer. VC points have killed the game now servers and no way to play offline, crashes....

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »