Home

Breaking It Down: Who Will Bring College Sports Back?

This is a discussion on Breaking It Down: Who Will Bring College Sports Back? within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2014, 02:40 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
LongShot games were looking to build a new college football game and it looked real promising. They didn't get enough Kickstarter funds and temporarily discontinued production about a year ago. Hopefully more people will look into it.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:14 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 5
I dont think it will ever come back. Theres not enough money to be made and with the obannon thing, its a major headache
Old 02-25-2014, 03:29 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 33
I don't think we'll see anything in the next 5 years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2014, 03:37 PM   #12
Rookie

SVCbearcat10's Arena

I don't think we will ever see one again, or one that people will want to buy. With all the money and politics involved in college athletics now, it's only a matter of time before the power conferences do something. I think we will eventually see a minor league system like the MLB and NHL have (NFL will throw millions around to prevent this because they basically have a free development system). These programs have the means and funds to pay players that mid-majors and smaller schools do not. If there is a minor league system, no one would buy the college game because the best players would no longer go to college. If power conferences split, there's a chance of a game but I feel as though not as many would buy because only power schools would be playable. This is going to take years and I expect no one to risk a lawsuit making a barely profitable game at best.
Old 02-25-2014, 05:12 PM   #13
Rookie

Re: Breaking It Down: Who Will Bring College Sports Back?

Unforunantely, due to O'Bannon vs. NCAA, I doubt you'll se another NCAA game again. Maybe if he wasn't such a scrub in the NBA, this lawsuit never would've happened.
Old 02-25-2014, 06:25 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJokester117
Unforunantely, due to O'Bannon vs. NCAA, I doubt you'll se another NCAA game again. Maybe if he wasn't such a scrub in the NBA, this lawsuit never would've happened.
Then it would have been another scrub doing the same thing. It was bound to happen.

Ncaa football will be back, too much money to make with the new playoffs about to kick off. Plus the NBA is about to set the age minimum to 20, so that makes College Basketball more appealing. All of which says Money talks and these knuckleheads will sit down eventually to decide how to slice the pie and BAM, we have another college football and basketball game.
Old 02-25-2014, 06:38 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3
I like the completely customizable sports title idea. I remember playing a lot of Super Play Action Football for SNES where it had the NFL, but you could also play College or High School, and you entered your own custom name and picked your team's helmet/jersey/pant colors. Kind of crude by today's standards, but i thought it was amazing to play as my future high school back in 1993. Pro games today are all about licenses, but they never give us the option to create our own separate league, at least not well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2014, 07:27 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Breaking It Down: Who Will Bring College Sports Back?

Never say never, but I don't see one within the next five years.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »