Home

OS Fact or Fiction: Breaking Down E3 Edition

This is a discussion on OS Fact or Fiction: Breaking Down E3 Edition within the Operation Sports Content forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content
NBA Live 19 Review
NBA 2K19 Review
NASCAR Heat 3 Review

Old 06-12-2014, 07:13 PM   #9
Pro

JKSportsGamer1984's Arena

OVR: 0
I don't see how anyone could be excited for a racing game that's only 30fps smh. I'm sorry but 30fps for a racing game is not Next Gen in my opinion.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:02 PM   #10
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMizzle
Need....2 K Footballl!!
1000x this!
Old 06-12-2014, 09:08 PM   #11
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrock24
You 2k fanboys are hilarious. 2k develops one major sports game currently, nba2k, and that game has just as many bugs and legacy issues as any other game out. What makes you think 2k football would be a far superior football experience?! One good game almost 10 years ago???
NFL 2k4 and NFL 2k3 were also good. Honestly, I believe if they gave NFL 2k5 the graphics of this gen, it would still be a better game than Madden. NFL 2k5 is still the best football game ever made imo. I don't want to dislike Madden because I want to play a football game. But I'll be damned if I fall into EA's marketing garbage and Madden's struggle to find an identity. Switching developers, implementing and removing features, while still not implementing aspects that were present in NFL 2k5, a PS2/Xbox game, justifies any distaste towards Madden and anyone who has a brain knows EA understands they've been riding Madden mostly off the fact that there is no competition and they can't go wrong business wise since they're the only game for America's most popular sport. Madden's problem is it never consistently shows improvement, and for whatever reason refuses to implement what made NFL 2k5 so great. Real talk.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2014, 08:08 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMizzle
Need....2 K Footballl!!
Agreeed but Madden does look much better this year. I will give it a rental for sure.
Old 06-13-2014, 10:07 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxphenom7
NFL 2k4 and NFL 2k3 were also good. Honestly, I believe if they gave NFL 2k5 the graphics of this gen, it would still be a better game than Madden. NFL 2k5 is still the best football game ever made imo. I don't want to dislike Madden because I want to play a football game. But I'll be damned if I fall into EA's marketing garbage and Madden's struggle to find an identity. Switching developers, implementing and removing features, while still not implementing aspects that were present in NFL 2k5, a PS2/Xbox game, justifies any distaste towards Madden and anyone who has a brain knows EA understands they've been riding Madden mostly off the fact that there is no competition and they can't go wrong business wise since they're the only game for America's most popular sport. Madden's problem is it never consistently shows improvement, and for whatever reason refuses to implement what made NFL 2k5 so great. Real talk.
What made 2K so good wasn't the gameplay. It was the presentation and the extras (the Crib was an awesome way to ad replayability). I loved 2K5 but the only reason people think it's so great was due to the inclusion of SportsCenter. Take that out and the game was good, not great.

I want 2K back in the fold for competition purposes. However, Madden has improved every year. Maybe not leaps and bounds like people hope but Madden is a good game. With the updated visuals and presentation this year it looks be improved again.

Too many people bash Madden because it is the thing to do.
Old 06-13-2014, 03:36 PM   #14
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eski33
What made 2K so good wasn't the gameplay. It was the presentation and the extras (the Crib was an awesome way to ad replayability). I loved 2K5 but the only reason people think it's so great was due to the inclusion of SportsCenter. Take that out and the game was good, not great.

I want 2K back in the fold for competition purposes. However, Madden has improved every year. Maybe not leaps and bounds like people hope but Madden is a good game. With the updated visuals and presentation this year it looks be improved again.

Too many people bash Madden because it is the thing to do.
100% agree. My fear is that if a new NFL 2K was released it would have single player that required you to be connected to the 2K servers at all times, an over abundance of VC and terrible online play.
Old 06-13-2014, 05:52 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 0
EA sports needs to get the NASCAR license back or Sony and make a new NASCAR game and make it for the next gen consoles! Not the garbage NASCAR games Activision or whatever they call themselves has been putting out! I was hoping EA sports was going to suprise everybody and show a new PGA tour golf game for the next gen consoles at E3!

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content »