Home

The Great White Whale of Sports Gaming: Realism

This is a discussion on The Great White Whale of Sports Gaming: Realism within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2014, 04:14 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: The Great White Whale of Sports Gaming: Realism

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukebeatsuncagain
I also think that the more control you give the user means less realistic.

OOTP is a TRUE sim.

To make things more realistic you need to put all emphasis on ratings and little to none impact from user input.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
Trust me user input has nothing to do with the design and the direction the gaming are going in. They have access to athlete and so many tools like the Internet and videos. Emphasis should be on capabilities, ratings, tendencies.
Old 06-22-2014, 04:16 PM   #34
Banned

dukebeatsuncagain's Arena

OVR: 24

I feel that, I'm just saying that when you give the user so much control of the action on the field or court, its more user vs the game, as opposed to team vs team.

Old 06-23-2014, 04:16 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 3
One thing they always need to get right regardless, the stats after a game need to be believable and realistic, regardless of sport.

Also, to make up for playing as a professional player, implement options that assist players with having the talent a real player has.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2014, 06:38 PM   #36
Banned

Look at Peyton Manning's season last year. If those box scores were in Madden people would say how unrealistic it is.

Anything can happen in real life. Why does everyone want the same result over and over?

Just relax and play the game. Sweating every single detail makes it less enjoyable. And that goes for life in general, not just sports video games.

Old 06-23-2014, 07:31 PM   #37
Rookie

Branchurian's Arena

OVR: 0
Still I need something that "simulates" the thing they are emulating, when I say that the gameplay should be close to what event we are trying to play & furthermore, the strategies of the game most incorporate the real life strategies of the game. In EA supposed football games, their is no differentiating teams, everybody has the same generic animations (WR down to the OL), their is no variety at all. No clear team Identity for anyone. I hate to keep referencing to a 10 year old game but that was 2k charm, to acknowledge the differencies of what makes teams "teams" & willing to accurately portray that in the video game. APF was great because you can have a smashmouth hard nosed running team, a finesse like peyton manning-esque team who just airs it out. A balance & don't get me started on creating an identity for Defense. All of that essence is glaringly left out their games. Don't get me started on gameplay. I realize we can't obtain realism, these are only videogames however, we as fan of the sport respect the sport & bought these sports game to give us that rush of the sport we hold dear. When a developer has 10 years of the same mistakes & the same issues & makes no qualm of elevating(I mean with the finished product, not with a verbal). It's unfair to the consumer. Yes we cannot obtain realism in games but at least strive towards to make it as accurate as possible!
Old 06-24-2014, 02:08 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukebeatsuncagain
Everyone should go back to playing NFL2k5 then.

Everyone seems to know exactly what they are going to get before even playing it, so just go back to your PS2 and have a nice day.

I can bet almost 99% of people who come on here and compiling about Madden, or any other game for that matter, will STILL buy the game.

And if course come on here and bog down message boards with complaints.

I dare you to not buy it.

I havent bought it since 12. Not everyone bows to the alter of EASports like you. if they dont produce what i think is a good game, I'm not buying it. People like you are why we have a crappy product, because you buy no matter what.
Old 06-24-2014, 04:31 PM   #39
Banned

I have fun with it. I bought it and traded it it when I was done with it. I am free to do whatever I want with my money.

However, I don't come on the internet and cry and complain every single year. That is what separates it.

Last edited by dukebeatsuncagain; 06-24-2014 at 05:12 PM.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:42 PM   #40
ORIGINAL SIX FAN

13whitebread's Arena

OVR: 15
I play offline only what I want from the sport video games games mostly NHL series are immersion into the game which includes realism like playoff beards to a playoff game being different than a regular season game. It's the little things that make presentation feel better but the most important is gameplay it is all about the gameplay. Some games come to mind and this is probably dating myself but I played the snot out of it and this game was Dr J vs Larry Bird the gameplay was simply but fun another comes to mind and the graphics were not that good was Tony Larussa baseball it was so much fun and with the new power coming from the new systems I think it is still a couple years away but it looks like the NBA and NHL series are getting closer.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »