Home

OS Roundtable: How Would Football Be Different Without Exclusivity?

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: How Would Football Be Different Without Exclusivity? within the Operation Sports Content forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content
NBA Live 19 Review
NBA 2K19 Review
NASCAR Heat 3 Review

Old 07-25-2014, 05:29 PM   #9
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20
You don't know that it would be any different. I mean look at 2k baseball, that was not getting any better compared to The Show. So why drive yourself crazy dreaming about how things could have been? Yeah the games were better back then when there was two football games, but that doesn't mean it would still be like that.
Old 07-25-2014, 05:48 PM   #10
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
You don't know that it would be any different. I mean look at 2k baseball, that was not getting any better compared to The Show. So why drive yourself crazy dreaming about how things could have been? Yeah the games were better back then when there was two football games, but that doesn't mean it would still be like that.
Personally, MLB 2k was never good to begin with. NFL 2k was. APF 2k8 was also very good gameplay wise, so if they had the NFL license, there would've been a franchise mode thats would've seen improvement between an NFL 2k6 and NFL 2k7. This is why I believe when anybody brings up the MLB 2k argument, it's pointless.
Old 07-25-2014, 06:20 PM   #11
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11
If there weren't exclusive deals, then I think Backbreaker would still be around.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2014, 06:25 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0
Ima try to be as unbias as possible... I believe both games would've ultimately been good seeing in 05 both games were good. Madden overall gameplay with the introduction of the hitstick and with nfl 2k with the Espn broadcast. They would've made each other better however I would've probably stuck with madden, the lofty feel to passes being thrown in the air on 2k as well as the slower gameplay steered me away from 2k
Old 07-25-2014, 08:12 PM   #13
Rookie

Greenblood60's Arena

There's a market for two NFL games, definitely, but eventually I think we would've ended up with one game because ( eventually ) one game proves to be the superior game. The difference would be that ( even if that game was Madden ) it would have benefited from the constant competition to become the superior game.
Old 07-25-2014, 08:55 PM   #14
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
End exclusivity and NFL2K would be a top notch game....Madden would be an amazing as well because competition would have pushed them. Instead we get excuses year after year and not the growth we could have....
Old 07-25-2014, 11:34 PM   #15
Banned

Remember the days when we had 989 Sports NFL Gameday, NFL Quarterback Club, NFL Fever, NFL Street, Backyard Football, NFL Blitz, Madden & last but not least NFL 2K? It was our choice which NFL game we wanted to play. Those were the days
Old 07-26-2014, 07:05 AM   #16
Just started!

OK! There is Coke & Pepsi. There is Ford, Chevy etc, etc. There is competition in every aspect of american society. But, when it comes to a video game EA is terrified to allow any other company to produce a NFL game...i.e. 2K. In my opinion, 2K would have wiped EA with it's NFL game. That is why EA did what they did. Think about it. EA knew 2K had a gold mine on their hands. What is sad is that people and their greed and their desire to be #1 would do what EA did. Why not give people the choice? Why not let 2K have a shot at a NFL game? Why not let the consumer decide which one they want to buy? Why not? Because again EA knew they were in trouble when 2K came out with their NFL game. And it was a heck of a lot cheaper too! Left alone to produce their NFL game 2K would have had the most realistic NFL game on the market. My hope is that somewhere in a back room somewhere 2K was still working on a NFL game to drop when they are able.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content »