Home

Why Sports Games Will Be Even Better in 2015...

This is a discussion on Why Sports Games Will Be Even Better in 2015... within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2015, 04:33 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Why Sports Games Will Be Even Better in 2015...

A lot of us at Operation Sports, myself included, are quick to point out that our favorite video game genre is sliding toward obscurity. Each year, it seems we lose at least one annual franchise. Some entire sports are only on one console, or worse, not represented at all.

It's easy to prophesize doom; it's much harder to be positive. That said, there are reasons to look forward to 2015 including some that indicate this will be a landmark year.

Read More - Why Sports Games Will Be Even Better in 2015...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2015, 04:41 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
All I want is NCAA Football...
Old 01-06-2015, 04:46 PM   #3
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
I honestly expect big things from 2015, because it seems like each franchise finally has their foundation laid down for the rest of the generation, and we weren't just given ports. The only exception I feel is MLB The Show, my favorite franchise but it felt like a port this year on PS4. Even then, the year-to-year saves is huge! This is something each sports game should follow. MLB 15 seems like its skipping the whole foundation installment and going straight to harnessing the PS4, which has me excited. I really expect huge improvements across all sports games, including WWE 2k doing well critically and NBA Live doing decently at least critically (70s Metacritic rating). I'm also anxious to see if Madden devs will rest on its laurels as they've done so many times in the past.
Old 01-06-2015, 04:48 PM   #4
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
Also hoping for someone to challenge Madden with a console football sim game...long shot.
Old 01-06-2015, 04:50 PM   #5
MVP

RyanLaFalce's Arena

Re: Why Sports Games Will Be Even Better in 2015...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxphenom7
Also hoping for someone to challenge Madden with a console football sim game...long shot.
It's possible.

Sent From My Galaxy S7
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2015, 06:23 PM   #6
Rookie

PS2 had better sports games than PS3/360.

I've been really impressed so far with the current gen sports titles, and they should only get better. We do need a boxing game though.
Old 01-06-2015, 06:54 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 32
You lost me right here:

Look at top shelf games like Madden 15, MLB 14: The Show, NBA 2K15, and FIFA 15; all had critically successful years. **Perhaps more importantly, they are viewed as quality products by our passionate fan base.**

You speaking for the majority in regards to Madden 15? Madden 15 was playable, but far from a "quality" title.
Old 01-06-2015, 08:15 PM   #8
Just started!

I want a NCAA Basketball

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »