Home

Sports Game Developers Are Overlooking Single Player...

This is a discussion on Sports Game Developers Are Overlooking Single Player... within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2015, 10:37 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Sports Game Developers Are Overlooking Single Player...

Let's face it, a growing portion of gamers are becoming increasingly addicted to the thrill of competitive gaming. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, and I'm glad that developers are rewarding that behavior with progressively stable online matches and game modes.

But where does that leave the other half of sports gamers?

Read More - Sports Game Developers Are Overlooking Single Player...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2015, 10:58 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
i wish 2k would add all the myteam exclusive legends to the free agent roster so we can use them in our myleague also please fix the allstar jerseys in myleague everybody has shirts on...i use a custom roster maybe thats it...i bet they dont fix it at al though and if they are that lazy im done with 2k....its took alot for me to get to that point its far from that just that...nba2k 15 has also froze my ps4 atleast 20 times or more only game to ever freeze my ps4 to be honest...servers are beyond sht lists goes on.
Old 02-03-2015, 12:01 PM   #3
Rookie

The issue w/ game developers is that there always spinning there wheels. When will they actually progress forward ea. yr instead of taking 2 steps forward & 4 steps back. One yr they talk about getting away from canned predetermined animations, then the next yr its back w, a vengeance more canned than ever b4 (speaking on 2k in that regard). If u look at sports games from 1990-2015 which is 25yrs, what has really changed?? nothing pretty much but graphics. 25yrs and the only sport revolution is graphics REALLY??? Laker Vs. Celtics/ Bulls Vs. Blazers had personality all superstars had signature styles Jordan up & unders, Kiss the rim dunks, Barkley threw his off the backboard etc..They got away from it 2k in 2k7 staring bringing personality back, still behind the 8 ball tho & Live is not even worth discussing w, is SAD how they 4got how 2 make sports games. Madden was incorporating gang tackles in '04-'07. Then when they converted 2 X360/PS3 they started working backwards, took away user control 4 yrs, I finally gave up in '09. 2 robotic 4 me even tho I love football, its not a accurate representation. Its more of EA's version of football rather than NFL football. 10 yrs ago EA had more game innovations than what they do now in 2015??? Hate 2 call developers Lazy or repetitive but the proof is int the pudding. They pretty much give you graphics which is a given due 2 advancement in technology, but gameplay and variance is something that takes attention 2 detail which is absent all 2gether. Its all about $$$ w/ no substance GOT CARDS 4 U. Not interested
Old 02-03-2015, 12:30 PM   #4
Rookie

I can promise you sports game developers are not overlooking single player. Only 10-15% of all players will ever play online. Hence, online gets about 10-15% of the attention and usually has issues at a product's launch.
Old 02-03-2015, 12:40 PM   #5
Rookie

ianlast's Arena

OVR: 10
Great article, and one that was long overdue.

Until developers give us the option to have more random occurrences and take some of the control out of the users hands, it will never be a truly accurate representation of the sport.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2015, 12:50 PM   #6
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Sports Game Developers Are Overlooking Single Player...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
I'm glad that developers are rewarding that behavior with progressively stable online matches and game modes.
lol what games are these
Old 02-03-2015, 01:42 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3
I usually only play single player in sport games. I like to make the game feel as realistic as possible by adjusting the settings and sliders. Online you're usually playing with the default sliders. Most of the time it's like Madden, where the other online player likes to go for the 2pt conversion and 4th down. They usually run the same few plays and the games are always high scoring. Thats just not for me.
Old 02-03-2015, 02:43 PM   #8
Banned

I have always loved NFL football video games since the great Tecmo Super Bowl but havent really enjoyed any new football games since 07, wth? It just blows my mind how regressed these games have become! I never thought I would still be playing APF 2k8, 2k5, n Madden 06! I really dont give 2 sheets about online gaming and really just want to create my own game with unlimited customization options/tools! Another thing that blows my mind is: why isnt there a game company out there willing to capitalize on this black hole like void? I know people will try to say without the NFL attached to it, it wont sell? I think thats complete hogwash! Its just nobody has the passion for the game like some of us do! The worst part is that we will probably never get a monster NFL game! Thats too bad!

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »