Home

Microsoft Press Briefing Reaction Roundtable

This is a discussion on Microsoft Press Briefing Reaction Roundtable within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2015, 12:46 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Microsoft Press Briefing Reaction Roundtable

It was all Forza (almost) all of the time for sports gamers with Microsoft's Press Conference. However, the addition of backwards compatibility does raise some intriguing possibilities if licensing doesn't get in the way of getting some old games back on our XBox Ones. We break down what we heard in Microsoft's conference after the jump...

Read More - Microsoft Press Briefing Reaction Roundtable
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2015, 07:56 AM   #2
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Microsoft stole the show so far this year, in my opinion no one had a bigger and better showcase than they did. The backwards compatibility is good in theory if every developer utilizes it. Although it's not true backwards compatibility I cant just insert my game and start playing it's more of a free download but still a cool feature. especially if older sports games are supported that are no longer in development like College Hoops 2k8, still one of the best basketball games in my opinion.
Old 06-16-2015, 10:47 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5
I doubt you see NCAA football or basketball become available for backward compatability. If one does it would be basketball.
Old 06-16-2015, 08:17 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Microsoft Press Briefing Reaction Roundtable

A couple of reasons why I thought Microsoft blew it out of the water:

1. I find their games much more appealing than Sony's.
2. They continue to find new innovations and explore new technology liek the Minecraft demonstration. Some things don't always work, but I really love it as an X1 owner.
3. I think people are underestimating the mods part with Fallout 4. What if more and more games take advantage of this? Could be huge down the road.
Old 06-20-2015, 09:45 AM   #5
Just started!

EA offered EA Access to both Sony and Microsoft. Xbox believes in choice, while Sony fraudulently said, "it doesn't provide enough value for our users."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2015, 09:53 AM   #6
Just started!

Here's all you need to know about E3 in the Xbox vs Sony debate...

Xbox crushed it, Sony dropped the ball.

Sony had 8 exclusives, mostly throw away games and indie stuff (NONE coming out this year). Xbox had 15 exclusives (at least 8 coming out this year), plus Quantum Break, Crackdown, and Scalebound weren't even there (they'll be at Gamescom).

Xbox continued to show off EA Access, which is a fantastic value, while Sony had some boring tv stuff.

Xbox has backwards compatibility, and it's free. Sony had nothing to match it. You could always pay ridiculous prices I guess to play old games on mediocre service PS Now.

Sony had their VR device. Xbox cut deals with Oculus and Valve VR, and showed off HoloLens.

Sony gets Fallout 4.... Xbox gets Fallout 3 with Fallout 4 and PC mods for the console version (mods may come at some point to PS4, but Mr Howard was rather non committal).

Sony gets Rainbow 6 Siege.... Xbox gets Rainbow 6 Vegas and Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 with Rainbow 6 Siege.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »