Home

How Can the Customization in The Golf Club Benefit Sports Games?

This is a discussion on How Can the Customization in The Golf Club Benefit Sports Games? within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2014, 11:02 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
How Can the Customization in The Golf Club Benefit Sports Games?

The Golf Club
, the new highly customizable golf title by HB Studios, is currently in beta phase and inching closer to its retail release in the Spring. It's a golf simulator that has decided to use generic apparel and clubs(up to this point at least)and fictional courses. On top of that, the developers have included a very deep and detailed course creator for the community to create, upload, and share with everyone. Having been lucky enough to be a part of beta, and seeing the course creator first hand, I have come away nothing short of impressed. Not only does the in-house creator allow one to create the layout of the course, but it also affords one the opportunity to apply personal touches such as trees, buildings, water, bunkers, signs, elevation, and much more. While playing around with this magnificent tool of creation, it got my mind racing with all sorts of ideas, and the endless possibilities of implementation into other sports titles.

Read More - How Can the Customization in The Golf Club Benefit Sports Games?
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2014, 12:22 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
The more customization, the better. I'm really looking forward to The Golf Club.
Old 03-17-2014, 12:44 PM   #3
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8
This is the direction gaming is heading.. More and more control and customization to the user. A welcome change as people want to personalize their experience. Look at the modding community on PC. It's absolutely huge and brilliant. I have been saying for years that developers need to embrace the change and work with the community. There is simply no better way to keeping your game alive, relevant, and fresh than to embrace and encourage customization/modding.

Power to the users!
Old 03-17-2014, 12:46 PM   #4
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8
By the way, GREAT article Robert. Fantastic read.. 10/10
Old 03-17-2014, 12:57 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 0
Depends on who you ask. Them SIM HEADS,PC,and lonely guys think this is gaming. I mean ppl were trashing NBA LIVE 14 graphics but I've been looking at some of these games ppl been frothing over and I'm not impressed. So as I'm getting older this gaming community is too divided. Gone are the days of guys getting together having house tourneys. I don't want to sit around customizing & decorating like a female.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2014, 08:31 PM   #6
Banned

Fabulous article Robert It s a shame HB Studios already works with EA/Madden. Can you imagine what they could do with football. Perhaps another company will take notice. This is what we are doing with a 7 year old game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPmXNHcSXLw
Old 07-15-2015, 09:11 PM   #7
Rookie

I'd like to be a part of the company spearheading this. I'm a writer and content creator, if that would help. Contact me if any company is really doing this.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »