Home

Don't Expect EA Access on the PS4 Anytime Soon

This is a discussion on Don't Expect EA Access on the PS4 Anytime Soon within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2015, 02:12 PM   #33
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Don't Expect EA Access on the PS4 Anytime Soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
Is the whole "EA games have better color on Xboxone" fact or opinion?

FWIW ... an OS poster (behindshadows) said he did a direct comparison, using the same video capture hardware/software, and the colors are more accurate/vibrant on XB1. He posted some screen caps of Jabari Parker in NBA Live 15 and the difference was noticeable. (He also mentioned 3D crowds in FIFA15 are better on XB1.) He thinks it's because of Microsoft's partnership with EA ...
Old 08-18-2015, 03:31 PM   #34
Rookie

Khanchus's Arena

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picci
I'm glad people find EA Access worth it and enjoy its benefits. But for me? No way.

EA Access launched Aug 11, 2014. For a yearly subscription of $30 (which would be the smart move) you get exclusive rights to 8 games. Mainly, EA sports lineup. Since then, 6 additional games have been added to the vault. Glancing at the list now, Dragon Age Inquisition would be most likely a good get since I've never had it. All the other games in the vault are just not worth it especially with the new sports lineup coming up now for football, soccer, hockey, and basketball. But guess what? It's that time again for that $30 renewal fee. EA smartly started this campaign at the best time for gamers to fork over money just when all their new sports games are about to hit the market. And Dragon Inquisition for $30 as a get now? Again, no thank you.

EA giving gamers a choice? They didn't release a FIFA World Cup version for next generation because they felt it wasn't worth it. They've taken CPU vs CPU control out of Madden because? They've taken player editing out of NBA Live because?

Now I will give credit when credit is due. Madden was a pleasant surprise last year and I'm excited for it this year. Disappointed with latest news on Live but seeing progress. They gave PS3 gamers a huge sale for games such as Mass Effect Trilogy for $4.99 which was a sensational price.

Still, next year in August when you're ready fork over $30 for renewel. Lets hope that besides the EA sports games, Star Wars, Need For Speed, Battlefield, and Mirrors Edge all be included too.
great deal IMO ....

ive had it since day one...

i dont play fifa or soccer but when the summer drought began and i DL fifa from the vault i had tons and tons of fun...

i can sell my madden 15 earlier than before to get more money for it and still have access to it in the vault....

i paid $2.50 a month for this service....

i played dragon age and didnt like it but was a different experience i enjoyed

plants v zombies i cant believe i missed out on that game and i dont like pvp shooters anymore
and to add to the pvp thing (because COD killed pvp for me) battlefield 4 was a blast and look forward to the next addition in the series (not that hardline thing)

i get to play madden 16 early without having to hunt it down (even though i will do it anyway)

i mean there is no way you can say this is a bad deal unless they are force feeding this down your throat

the only bad person in this is sony IMO .... for not giving their users the choice

idk i would bash the heck out of sony for this but im not the type to do that unlike some other ppl/fanboys out there....

you get discounts as well

some of you guys complaints dont make any sense....

the only valid opposing argument IMO would be i dont play any or enough EA games to get this.....

i justify my 30$ a yr alone by getting madden early ( it may not be a good way to justify but hey i usually pay that much plus more for gas looking for the game early), then getting to play fifa (i would not buy it because i am not a soccer fan but i would play it if its in the vault and have tons of fun) and then the other reason stated above....
Old 08-18-2015, 06:14 PM   #35
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanchus

the only bad person in this is sony IMO .... for not giving their users the choice

idk i would bash the heck out of sony for this but im not the type to do that unlike some other ppl/fanboys out there....

you get discounts as well

some of you guys complaints dont make any sense....
I'm happy for you that you enjoy it. Really, I am. It's ok to bash Sony. I understand you.
However, look at my original post.

Quote:
EA giving gamers a choice? They didn't release a FIFA World Cup version for next generation because they felt it wasn't worth it. They've taken CPU vs CPU control out of Madden because? They've taken player editing out of NBA Live because? They gave us NHL's 15 bare offering because? (I just put that in)
Why should I wave the EA pom poms? I should reward them for taking away what we had last generation? LOL...

When EA puts a sale up, such as Mass Effect Trilogy for a good price, I will buy it for that price. I'm not going to give $30 a year to get it early, or get a digital copy or play their past broken games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2015, 07:46 PM   #36
Rookie

Elway7's Arena

OVR: 1
bottom line is............... xbox is getting smashed in sales by a 2-1 margin, they are desperate and shelled out a ton of money to EA for exclusivity.
Old 08-18-2015, 07:51 PM   #37
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elway7
bottom line is............... xbox is getting smashed in sales by a 2-1 margin, they are desperate and shelled out a ton of money to EA for exclusivity.
There's been nothing that's ever really suggested that, including Sony themselves saying it wasn't a good value for PS4 gamers.
Old 08-19-2015, 08:08 AM   #38
Rookie

romeischillin's Arena

OVR: 0
I think Sony should add EA Access, I'm pretty sure EA would jump at the chance if Sony changes course... besides I would think that PS+ much like XBOX Live (I'm assuming) is still needed before you can even touch EA Access... I think having that option would benefit SONY from a business standpoint seeing as XBOX One has bundles for Madden and FIFA which to my knowledge include a FREE year of XBOX Live and a Free year of EA Access... so from that side of things I would do it, it's not mandatory so guys like myself that want to play EA games that I haven't played in years can see where EA is at... got Madden 15 at launch last year, first Madden since Madden 12, got Live 15 in March, first Live in forever since atleast PS2, been on 2K ever since I got a PS3 in Oct 2007 and would like to try FIFA, NHL, UFC (played demo) and PGA... might have to start a campaign for this if SONY gamers are serious about atleast having the choice
Old 08-19-2015, 11:18 AM   #39
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Sony screwed the pooch on this one...

Here's an idea... How about letting your customers decide if something is a good value to them or not rather than deciding for them?

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 08-19-2015, 11:27 AM   #40
Banned

NYGiants4Natic's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picci
I'm happy for you that you enjoy it. Really, I am. It's ok to bash Sony. I understand you.
However, look at my original post.

Why should I wave the EA pom poms? I should reward them for taking away what we had last generation? LOL...

When EA puts a sale up, such as Mass Effect Trilogy for a good price, I will buy it for that price. I'm not going to give $30 a year to get it early, or get a digital copy or play their past broken games.
You must not know what business means. You want hand outs and companies want to improve profits.

Hmmm...Tough choice there

The great thing is that you have the choice to get it or not...Well in PS4 case you do not have a choice because they prefer to hand you their PS NOw service which is not native

EA Access is the future for many companies when all digital becomes the norm down the line....Is something you going to have to accept or leave gaming behind

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »