Home

What Game(s) Exemplify the Best Post-Release Support? (Roundtable)

This is a discussion on What Game(s) Exemplify the Best Post-Release Support? (Roundtable) within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2015, 11:43 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
What Game(s) Exemplify the Best Post-Release Support? (Roundtable)

It used to be, our games were released and that was that. Any bugs that came with a console game were bugs that were there forever.

In retrospect, those were kind of dark times. There were several notable bugs which made playing some games downright difficult after awhile. Thankfully, consoles discovered the internet could do a lot of cool things in the late 2000s and game makers began going the PC route with patches, content updates, and more.

So here we are, in 2015, with some games taking advantage of the technology and some games not. Let's talk about the games which have the best post-release support...

Read More - What Game(s) Exemplify the Best Post-Release Support? (Roundtable)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2015, 12:27 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 33
Driveclub. Not my favourite game, not even my favourite racing game but the post game support is beyond anything I've ever seen before at least at a console level.
Old 11-20-2015, 01:29 PM   #3
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
I'd love to see a future where post game support for sports titles is nearly equivalent to expansions. I know this is never going to happen but Id love to see a shift where instead of annual releases sports games instead have atleast a two year gap in between games with patches and updates that allow the game to grow post release. Updates could include things like new shoes/cleats, courts/fields/stadiums, new players (rookie classes), player updates (hair, tattoos, facial hair, etc), rule changes, new animations, new game modes, graphical improvements, etc. I wouldnt even mind if they released a pay for update for about $30 at the point in the year when a new game typically releases.
Old 11-20-2015, 05:59 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1
I was really happy with the way EA UFC listened to feedback and greatly improved the game. That is the one that stands out the most to me. I love 2K, but they seem to break as much as they fix with each patch and not doing anything about the demigod glitches last time around was unacceptable.
Old 11-20-2015, 07:07 PM   #5
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
Rocket league and the golf club have impressed me with their support.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2015, 10:26 PM   #6
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bungle 34
I was really happy with the way EA UFC listened to feedback and greatly improved the game. That is the one that stands out the most to me. I love 2K, but they seem to break as much as they fix with each patch and not doing anything about the demigod glitches last time around was unacceptable.
UFC is a good call, I didn't think about that one much because it's been a bit but like that one, and yeah it works as the counter to NBA 2K for sure.

Golf Club has been good for content updates and Rocket League has just done little touches to try and improve the game in small ways, which is all you can really do with something that's already so finely balanced.
Old 11-21-2015, 11:46 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 0
EA UFC by far! i mean it is amazing how easy it is to communicate with GPD and how he shares infos at official Ea forums. tbh the game was broke right from the beginning and is still crap. but at least they listened and tried to fix a lot. i have high hopes for the sequel!
Old 11-22-2015, 08:26 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0
I love how NBA 2k Series allows for court art and arena updates, I love this. This are details that Madden & EA don't patch because they are so worried about MUT.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »