Home

Which Sports Game Was Your White Elephant Growing Up? (Roundtable)

This is a discussion on Which Sports Game Was Your White Elephant Growing Up? (Roundtable) within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2015, 01:49 PM   #25
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30
LOL @ NES Play Action Football (the first one)... first thing that came to mind when I saw this topic. I played the hell out of that game tho, using the NES Satellite 4-player adapter. We even emulated that touchdown run/celebration a couple times in our HS games.

YouTube

Last edited by thaSLAB; 12-28-2015 at 02:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2015, 02:15 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: Which Sports Game Was Your White Elephant Growing Up? (Roundtable)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
Was this football game for Sega CD I believe it was. Cant remember the name but you actually didnt play. You call a play then it would play some real life football play. Shelved the game after about 10 minutes and never looked back. Will post the name when I can think of it.
Quarterback Attack with Mike Ditka:

Old 12-29-2015, 07:33 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 7
WWF ATTITUDE for Dreamcast. Game had some interesting ideas like hearing the crowd's remarks during a match and hearing some of the wrestler's catchphrases during a match, but this game was garbage. Clunky is an understatement. Best thing about it, had SHANE O MAC on commentary
Old 12-30-2015, 12:29 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0
I remember getting ESPN Sunday Night NFL football for Genesis, now it wasn't a bad game in fact that it had a lot of the ESPN bells and whistles at the time was pretty cool, the only problem was I was so looking forward to Madden 94.

The 16 bit ESPN baseball and hockey weren't all that bad though, but the Sunday Night NFL just wasn't Madden.
Old 12-30-2015, 12:30 PM   #29
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

OVR: 27
Sierra Sports NFL Football Pro '99. Football Pro 96 and 98 were great classic games and 99 was suppose to make the leap into 3D graphics. It failed miserably. It was so bad the game was actually recalled by the publisher. When was the last time a publisher recalled a sport game?
Old 12-30-2015, 12:31 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
LOL @ NES Play Action Football (the first one)... first thing that came to mind when I saw this topic. I played the hell out of that game tho, using the NES Satellite 4-player adapter. We even emulated that touchdown run/celebration a couple times in our HS games.
oddly enough I still find myself humming the video replay hook followed by the 'crowd noise' after seeing an extra point kicked to this day.
Old 01-07-2016, 12:22 PM   #31
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Which Sports Game Was Your White Elephant Growing Up? (Roundtable)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianlast
NHL Stanley Cup for the SNES...

Got NHLPA '93 for Christmas the previous year. Loved it, played it endlessly. But wait, now Nintendo is coming out with something better! It's got 3D "Mode 7" graphics!

Worst. Game. Ever. You would actually feel sick after playing because the graphics were so disorienting. Anyone who has played it before will know what I'm talking about. And to think I could've had one of the most legendary hockey games of all-time (NHL '94) instead. Bah humbug!
Oh man, that game. I actually played a full season of that with Montreal and didn't lose a game. IIRC I finished 78-0-4. I still have the game somewhere.

Luckily, I had both that and NHL 94.

Last edited by ImTellinTim; 01-07-2016 at 12:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »