Home

Sports Gaming Presentation: Does It Live Up To Your Standards?

This is a discussion on Sports Gaming Presentation: Does It Live Up To Your Standards? within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2016, 04:07 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Sports Gaming Presentation: Does It Live Up To Your Standards?

As sports gamers, the one thing many of us look for in the titles we choose to play is the realism of the game. How does the real-life game translate over to its sim title? Does the gameplay feel the same as what we get to watch on TV? How do the graphics look?

One thing that many of us as sports gamers also look at is the fidelity of the game, and how it is presented to us while we play. From pregame setup and intro, to the atmosphere and emotion during the game -- including crowds, proper play-by-play/color commentary and teammate reactions -- to stat overlays and player information, to halftime (if applicable) and postgame shows/information.

Read More - Sports Gaming Presentation: Does It Live Up To Your Standards?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2016, 04:13 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 11
It's gotten a lot better overall-- but we would not be doing history service if we didn't mention madden took HUGE STEPS BACKWARDS for presentation for a number of years, before they got it right this year.
Old 08-26-2016, 04:57 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
there is still a lot that has been taken away like showing other games and weekly wrap up shows.
Old 08-26-2016, 05:16 PM   #4
Rookie

porkys8077's Arena

OVR: 4
For me I would say some sports games like NBA 2k ,MLB and sometimes NHL presentation live up to the hype for me.
Old 08-26-2016, 06:37 PM   #5
MVP

TheBadazz's Arena

OVR: 12
I still don't see why 2K or Madden can't give a 2K5 good halftime show, end of game recap and most of all, a weekly show during a Franchise. Got plenty of storage to build on. If it wasn't already done then I understand, but this was done on the OG Xbox and PS2 (with HDD) 11 years ago!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2016, 06:44 PM   #6
Rookie

SocaWarrior13's Arena

TheBadazz, Cleve07103, I agree with you guys...that was part of the motivation for me to write this piece. Madden has definitely stepped it up this year, but I'd like to see a better half time breakdown and a weekly recap in Franchise as well. MVP talks, multi-game trends...these are all things that would really enhance the full experience for us gamers
Old 08-26-2016, 06:45 PM   #7
Rookie

Presentation in a game such as play now or exhibition is great. Where most of them lack is within the franchise modes. Very few do a good job giving you any kind of sense of what is going in the league outside of your own team. Very few, if any advancements have been made in this regard compared to other areas.
Old 08-26-2016, 07:16 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 19
no mention of CH2k8. still one of the best presentations to date.
when it comes to 2k, 2k knows how to deliver.
Overall, Im satisfied with presentation.
Madden is finally catching up to all the other sports titles.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »