Home

Sports Gaming Presentation: Does It Live Up To Your Standards?

This is a discussion on Sports Gaming Presentation: Does It Live Up To Your Standards? within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2016, 11:27 AM   #17
Rookie

SocaWarrior13's Arena

OVR: 0
My bad on the College Hoops omissions...CH2K8 definitely took the NFL 2K5 recipe and put it to use.

Quentin32 made a valid point, most people skip over half time shows. What a lot of people really want is the weekly recaps and that kinda stuff...ESPECIALLY in Franchise/Career modes.

bALLDAYLONG_J10, one thing I had talked about with my OS homies was wondering if 2K was going to pull an EA and try to get the ESPN licensing since NBA Live is on the fence...then the video was leaked showing David Aldridge and the audio of Brent Barry. NBA 2K's whole presentation package, like I mentioned in the piece, is VERY similar to ESPN's without the actual branding. If you manage to get Charles Barkley with Shaq, Ernie and Kenny you have the full panel...touching on what you said, adding Kenny's run up to the big screen at half time like he does in real life would be a NICE touch...with the changes 2K looks like they made this year...we might be REAL close to the full deal
Old 08-27-2016, 12:44 PM   #18
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SocaWarrior13
My bad on the College Hoops omissions...CH2K8 definitely took the NFL 2K5 recipe and put it to use.

Quentin32 made a valid point, most people skip over half time shows. What a lot of people really want is the weekly recaps and that kinda stuff...ESPECIALLY in Franchise/Career modes.

bALLDAYLONG_J10, one thing I had talked about with my OS homies was wondering if 2K was going to pull an EA and try to get the ESPN licensing since NBA Live is on the fence...then the video was leaked showing David Aldridge and the audio of Brent Barry. NBA 2K's whole presentation package, like I mentioned in the piece, is VERY similar to ESPN's without the actual branding. If you manage to get Charles Barkley with Shaq, Ernie and Kenny you have the full panel...touching on what you said, adding Kenny's run up to the big screen at half time like he does in real life would be a NICE touch...with the changes 2K looks like they made this year...we might be REAL close to the full deal
I wonder if this is just a cheaper way for 2k to up their presentation without going full on license. Or perhaps they don't go full license because it would limit them a bit. They have a mix of TNT and espn talent so getting a license for one or the other would likely mean they would have to lose certain TV personas.

The way they have it now is actually pretty clever because they can sort of mimick both broadcasts if they'd like. I'd love for 2k to take it a step further and have two completely different broadcast options with completely different overlays, commentary teams, and presentation packages. They could do something along the lines of 2KNT (2k Television network) and 2KSN (2K Sports Network). It could be random or you could chose a specific broadcast setup. This would take presentation to the next level, imo, because you would actually feel like there are different stations covering the games and would also help limit repetitiveness.
Old 08-27-2016, 01:24 PM   #19
Pro

videlsports's Arena

OVR: 25
2k5" presentation is the Goat Right now. This not only looked cool at the time, but it added a replay value
Because you wanted to hear and see all the presentation cut scenes and Interviews. I honestly believe we took a step back, NBA 2k does a greatJob with the halftime and end of game interviews. Just not enough of breakdown of x's ando.s. EA fell asleep in this area for a long time. Still no halftime intervews with /audio or end of game interviews with audio. Stat overlays were great too from 2k. When you see some one is having a good day from the stats you wanna keep feeding them.One of my favorite features is the player specific trash talk on the field that was nice.
Old 08-27-2016, 04:32 PM   #20
MVP

sheredia's Arena

OVR: 12
nba 2k16 is the champ right now....hands down. love that one. madden should have passed nfl 2k5 a long time ago. madden could at least get the nfl network license, for pete's sake. even ncaa 14 was better overall.
Old 08-28-2016, 12:26 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0
EA has the ESPN License.
http://www.espn.com/espn/sportsbusin...ory?id=1969067

Last edited by Ev14; 08-28-2016 at 12:33 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2016, 12:45 AM   #22
MVP

kennyacid's Arena

OVR: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ev14
They had it for years , just never really used it. They just got it so 2K couldn't use it anymore smh
Old 08-28-2016, 01:08 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2
This is the one area my beloved MLB The Show misses the mark. Watching that 2K5 video really puts into perspective what has been possible... It's amazing it's 11 years old.
Old 08-28-2016, 01:55 AM   #24
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Sports Gaming Presentation: Does It Live Up To Your Standards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
no mention of CH2k8. still one of the best presentations to date.
when it comes to 2k, 2k knows how to deliver.
Overall, Im satisfied with presentation.
Madden is finally catching up to all the other sports titles.
100% agree with this. Just think if 2K kept making college baseball games where presentation might be today? I still love the Selection Show segment in that game all these years later.

Overall presentation hasn't progressed they way it should. It seems like in sports games today more emphasis is placed on online play and other modes. Cool things like the Tony Bruno radio show have been stripped out so over time, some things have been lost that were cool.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »