Home

The OS Daily - The Show, Looking Back at the Madden Vision Cone & Much More

This is a discussion on The OS Daily - The Show, Looking Back at the Madden Vision Cone & Much More within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2017, 08:03 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
The OS Daily - The Show, Looking Back at the Madden Vision Cone & Much More

The OS Daily is online and ready for viewing. Make sure to take a few minutes out of your day and get caught up on the latest sports gaming news with our host Millennium.

Today he talks about some of the MLB The Show 17 franchise mode improvements, the Duracell car pack for Forza Horizon 3, congrats to the Mutant Football League team, a reminder that Disc Jam is free for PlayStation Plus subscribers tomorrow and is it time for Madden to look back at the Vision Cone?

Check it out here and if it's something you enjoy, please like and subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2017, 09:37 PM   #2
Rookie

KennyJ1976's Arena

OVR: 0
The vision cone was one of if not the most stupid ideas in Madden history. Why would you need to make the qb look when you're looking for him. About time you see the open receiver, move the cone so the qb can see him, you're going to get sacked or throw a pick, especially with the more advanced defenses in the game now.
Old 03-06-2017, 10:44 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyJ1976
The vision cone was one of if not the most stupid ideas in Madden history. Why would you need to make the qb look when you're looking for him. About time you see the open receiver, move the cone so the qb can see him, you're going to get sacked or throw a pick, especially with the more advanced defenses in the game now.
The vision cone was actually one of their best features. It took away the running back 50 yards with the qb and throwing a perfect no look pass off one foot to receivers. It was really an innovative feature. The PS2 Maddens were better than any of the ps3 and ps4 Maddens
Old 03-06-2017, 10:52 PM   #4
Rookie

it was the single most realistic feature in the history of madden it set apart great qb from good to garbage..or great awareness qbs from just athletic ones ...i will love to see an advanced one come back ..i used too play it with the cone off the screen because i hate extra graphics and u still had to move your head it was crazy competitive..they just need to add this and let u have the option to play wit it or the traditional way
Old 03-07-2017, 01:31 AM   #5
Rookie

SOU7GLO's Arena

The vision cone or the light as I like to call it was revolutionary and should have never left the game. Hopefully it makes a comeback in M18. Awareness affected the size of the vision cone and it made AWR matter for user QB's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2017, 06:42 AM   #6
Pro

rkocjay's Arena

i personality did like the QB cone helped tell who were the more accurate passers and awareness rating actually matter for QB users. The only problem with it in my opinion is that it made play action plays predictable but still a great feature i hope to see again
Old 03-07-2017, 09:22 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4
The cone was awesome. In real life a mediocre qb doesn't have the ability to check all 5 receivers to see if they are open. He only gets through 1 or 2 reads and then has to make a decision. It was the one thing that offset the fact we all play the game on god view so we see too much and that's what makes most sports games unrealistic. Our angle is too good. We always see the double team coming in NBA 2K cause of God view. We always see the open player behind us on the ice in NHL cause of God view. That's why baseball games gets the highest ratings. Cause God view doesn't really help. Bring back the cone. In fact all sports games should have cones. Make it optional for those who hate it to not have to use it. But they should be an option in all games.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »