Home

A New Era Beginning Soon at OS...

This is a discussion on A New Era Beginning Soon at OS... within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2017, 12:28 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
A New Era Beginning Soon at OS...

The times, they are a changin'.

We're announcing some big changes at OS, and if you are interested about where we're heading you should click on the link below to find out.

(Spoiler: We'll look different soon)

Read More - A New Era Beginning Soon at OS...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2017, 12:48 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
I understand the reasoning and need for the change(s), and I get that it may be the right move for you guys, but I don't like most of these changes.
My personal opinion:
1. That image makes OS look something like a clickbait nest. Not sure why, layout just looks generic and cheap to me.

2. I always prefer articles over videos. Now more videos doesn't mean fewer articles right?

3. A little nervous with mention of e-sports.
Old 03-31-2017, 12:52 PM   #3
Pro

Sparkles's Arena

OVR: 6
Wow. Was just thinking about this the other day: "The site could really use a makeover on mobile". This is tremendous news. Cant wait till the new design comes out. Great work fellas, been a user for a long time
Old 03-31-2017, 01:00 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 19
I'm 100% with the clickbait nest comment...the web is not getting better in that regard anywhere...it was easier to find what I want on the web 5/7 years ago. Now every sight looks like driving down the strip in Vegas..I'm also not a fan of video over text in many cases..I like to quietly check out some info while my wife watches tv or if I'm at the airport/etc...dont always want to have to wear earbuds...That being said I'm not opposed to change and will give it a shot. I look forward to checking it out.
Old 03-31-2017, 01:13 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 8
Exciting changes! Count me in the group that prefers text over video as well. At the very least, I'd like to see a text version of the videos. Sometimes, I just don't have time to scrub through a video for the information I really care about where I can easily skim an article until I find it.

Regardless, looking forward to the updates.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2017, 01:20 PM   #6
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46
It was due. I admittedly don't even look at the front page because it was not user-friendly. I welcome any change to the layout that will make OS my go-to for sport game articles and coverage (which has slipped over the years in favor of impressions and content in the forums).
Old 03-31-2017, 01:44 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I understand the reasoning and need for the change(s), and I get that it may be the right move for you guys, but I don't like most of these changes.
My personal opinion:
1. That image makes OS look something like a clickbait nest. Not sure why, layout just looks generic and cheap to me.

2. I always prefer articles over videos. Now more videos doesn't mean fewer articles right?

3. A little nervous with mention of e-sports.
I'm with ggsimmonds. I must be old school. I have no interest in videos or podcasts, and just come here (via PC, not a mobile device) to read articles and the forums. I understand why you are making changes, but these almost certainly will lessen my enjoyment of OS. Also, I continue to be mystified with the eSports thing, so coverage of that is totally wasted on me. I cannot for the life of me understand how watching someone else play a videogame is fun. But, hey, to each his own.
Old 03-31-2017, 02:13 PM   #8
Pro

DIRK41NOWITZKI's Arena

OVR: 0
I actually don't mind the new layout, looks clean and simple.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »