Home

Get Ready, Sports Game Subscription Release Models Are Coming

This is a discussion on Get Ready, Sports Game Subscription Release Models Are Coming within the Operation Sports Content forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content
Breaking Down FIFA 19's New Features
NBA 2K League Player Power Rankings (Pre-Playoffs)
NBA Live 19 Introduces The One Court - Allowing Fans to Create and Customize Their Own Courts

Old 11-09-2017, 03:57 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
I agree sport games do not need released every year but a subscription has the consumer lose some control.* What I mean is right now I have Madden 17 and playing it fine, the changes to M18 from what I could tell were minimal to what I care about and I don't care to play M18 and I like how M17 plays.* So I can choose to stay with M17.

But if subscription based model comes along and you are say 2 years in and Madden feels great and has everything I like as a game....then EA updates the game, tweaks CFM to something I do not like...then I am stuck without the version i enjoyed playing...does this make sense?*
Old 11-09-2017, 04:12 PM   #10
All Star

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20
Not sure about this.. Looking forward to a new release every year is exciting, and I don't mind forking over my hard earned money to buy a sports game that I like. Having to wait 2 years for another version of NHL or NBA live is a long time imo.

Give me the option to customize everything about the game, then we can talk!

Why move away from what works? Look at NBA 2K and how they have improved and developed their basketball game over the years. EA needs to look at their model and how it worked out for them.*

Also, they really need to bring back Triple Play!* It's been a long time. We need another baseball game damn it!!*

Also one thing I don't like is how these game companies get away with charging a full price on digital games. Should be $10 to $20 less imo. Pisses me off tbh.

Last edited by Peter_OS; 11-09-2017 at 04:17 PM.
Old 11-09-2017, 05:27 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 19
monthly subscriptions, or yearly subscriptions.** I say no, especially with digital downloads
what happens if you dont re-up does your game's license expire.*** Software companies are already doing this for their products and I am not a fan.
IN the end you may wind up paying 2/3 times the cost of the original game with a subscription.* only to pay full price for the next full featured release. then youll repeat the process all over again*

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2017, 06:35 PM   #12
Rookie

Wouldn't approve of this move.... some of us enjoy actually owning their games... BTW nobody ever thinks about the people who don't have internet or can't afford it smh
Old 11-09-2017, 06:35 PM   #13
Rookie

Wouldn't approve of this move.... some of us enjoy actually owning their games... BTW nobody ever thinks about the people who don't have internet or can't afford it smh
Old 11-09-2017, 06:35 PM   #14
Rookie

Old 11-09-2017, 06:35 PM   #15
Rookie

Old 11-10-2017, 02:13 AM   #16
Pro

OVR: 33
Re: Get Ready, Sports Game Subscription Release Models Are Coming

I'm guessing the subscription will be $60 a year for a game that has little change other than a roster update....sound familiar!

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content »