Get Ready, Sports Game Subscription Release Models Are Coming - Page 3 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Get Ready, Sports Game Subscription Release Models Are Coming

This is a discussion on Get Ready, Sports Game Subscription Release Models Are Coming within the Operation Sports Content forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content

Old 11-10-2017, 08:06 AM   #17
Rookie

scottyo60's Arena

OVR: 9
Is anyone else tired of this subscription stuff? I finally put a $30 limit on monthly subscription. I pay $60 once for Live and $30 for EA access. Have two others that are monthly. People are going to end up spending more on all these than they would have if things were normal same ole.
Old 11-10-2017, 09:43 AM   #18
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Get Ready, Sports Game Subscription Release Models Are Coming

So if I end the subscription, do I no longer get updates?....or can I no longer play the game at all?
Old 11-10-2017, 11:54 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0
I am a bit concerned with this subscription model. Due to the fact that it is a subscription model in general because what other hidden fees are entailed in these subscriptions. For example if l am only a NBA Live fan and don't care about any other game does some of my fees go to maintenance of other game titles. Also what happens if patches end up of causing massive problems with the product are we entitled to have quick solutions to fixing problems that plague a game. Or do we have to wait until EA feels like fixing the problems, in other words whats the turnaround. Also does it makes sense to have physical*copies of games anymore since paying for online copies are a bit cheaper.* Guess we should suspect more BETA BUILD games now to JUSTIFY going to subscription base products...*
Old 11-10-2017, 12:40 PM   #20
Just started!

EA have been ripping off its customers for years with subpar games both sports and nonsport titles. I am sceptical on anything they say or do nowadays. Other developers can manage to put out good games each year. EA is more concerned with feedback of the "ARCADE" gamers rather than the true "SIM" crowd.*
Old 11-10-2017, 01:56 PM   #21
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

OVR: 3
I don't buy each sports game every year already, since I play NBA, NFL, and NHL and like to get thru multiple seasons.

But if this is where you have to pay more than just when you buy the game that would be a problem and I would not be interested. I don't play each game enough to be paying more than once for it.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2017, 02:23 PM   #22
Pro

JKSportsGamer1984's Arena

Totally disagree with this subscription model stuff.* I don't want to have to pay a monthly fee for a freaking sports game smh.* I get that the monthly fees over a year would more than likely be equivalent to purchasing the game for $60, but it's just the principle behind it.* What if i subscribe monthly for Madden but i forget to pay one month?* That means i cant play the game?* What if they decide to lump all EA Sports titles into one subscription but I only have interest in Madden?* There's just so many scenarios that could happen that im not comfortable with.* I'm very skeptical of this.* They should make subscriptions an option but don't force it on us.* *If they go this route I might have to quit gaming.**
Old 11-11-2017, 12:00 PM   #23
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

My main video sports game is football and there's not a FB game out tha I'd even think about doing this with.
Monthly fee to hear how "penalties, dropped passes, inaccurate throws etc..upset some so we nerfed it"

That's pretty laughable...

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
Old 11-12-2017, 10:34 AM   #24
Rookie

PapaOso's Arena

OVR: 4

It's all about keeping you from owning a physical copy of the game, same as streaming music subscriptions are about preventing you from owning a physical copy of the music. More power for them, less money for you.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content »