Home

Five Sports We Haven't Seen a Major Release For This Generation That Need It

This is a discussion on Five Sports We Haven't Seen a Major Release For This Generation That Need It within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2017, 07:05 AM   #41
Rookie

Chad0034's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Five Sports We Haven't Seen a Major Release For This Generation That Need It

Back then we didn't know how blessed we were. NCAA Football and College Hoops 2K were AMAZING games.

I think college basketball is the ideal video game "online franchise", as you have a relatively short season along with March Madness. Throw in NCAA football-esque recruiting system, and I probably wont need to play many other games besides this and The Show year round.

Hopefully someday they can figure this out and get college video games back. Even a generic game would totally work for me, but unfortunately I don't think a company like 2K or EA is willing to test their waters on releasing a generic game. Only one I've ever seen like that was Blitz The League.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2017, 07:03 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Five Sports We Haven't Seen a Major Release For This Generation That Need It

yea, Re: College bball... it would have to be totally generic, probably. I dunno if I'd mind, though. I dunno why they couldn't take the 2k 'engine' and make it like 20 or 30 dollar DLC.

I dunno if they understand how thirsty we are for college bball. haha. It's not the same when someone makes a roster update with college rosters because you miss out on the recruiting part. The recruiting and closed legacy (or whatever it was called) in 2k8 was amazing.

Basically, what they could do is make a bunch of teams, maybe not ALL of the teams, but just a bunch of teams, make conferences with different prestige, then add in the ability to add conferences, and add teams, and make it all able to be customized. Toggle sliders, etc.

I'd like to think they could improve upon the 2k8 legacy mode a bit, but I would play something very similar if they just had a better engine for the games. I have to play 2k8 as a totally sim game because it's no fun to play anymore.

-Smak
Old 12-31-2017, 11:37 PM   #43
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

OVR: 3
I used to mostly just play College Football & College Basketball Video games, so would like to have those back.

Also, I know there is MLB the Show, but I miss MVP baseball.

And it would be cool as someone mentioned to have a good Olympics game.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »