Home

OS Champions Rules and Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on OS Champions Rules and Discussion Thread within the OS Champions Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Online > OS Champions Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2016, 01:04 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: OS Champions Rules and Discussion Thread

I think we should also put a limit on QB runs and throwing outside the numbers. I was thinking maybe no more than 3 QB runs per drive and no throwing outside the numbers will encourage people to stay inside the pocket/not roll out every play. I also think you shouldn't persuade someone from transferring. I really can't think of any times I've seen someone in real life get persuaded to stay. Normally if they're considering transferring they're going to leave.

Last edited by Pyro10; 01-12-2016 at 01:08 AM.
Old 01-12-2016, 01:17 AM   #18
MVP

JEJunior's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhogan3132
I say any 1st or 2nd round projections cannot be convinced to stay. I don't care about the rest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyro10
1st and 2nd round sounds good to me though if you really want to make it more difficult you could include the 3rd round too.

how about anybody who's leaving leaves? its the draft then they're probably high anyway, if its a transfer then you probably should have played your backups more

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportznut02
All 1st and 2nd round picks must go pro.

I like the idea of going with a plus 3 rule.

I think we should have s limit of 2-3 athletes.

Also what about something where a certain amount of players wanting to transfer, have to transfer?

never minded the plus 3 thing but I dont think anyone really wants to monitor everybody else's recruiting

how about athletes must be in state? puts alot more relevance to where you choose to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyro10
I think we should also put a limit on QB runs and throwing outside the numbers. I was thinking maybe no more than 3 QB runs per drive and no throwing outside the numbers will encourage people to stay inside the pocket/not roll out every play.

nobody will count them or want to, and tbh I dont run 3 times a game with mine, I never do that much scrambling... but we can do something like hash to hash you can move, if you go outside of the hash's you have to throw it away or run out at line of scrimmage? if you have a runnung qb you can use his running ability without it being cheesy
Old 01-12-2016, 07:42 AM   #19
OHIO ST8

jhogan3132's Arena

OVR: 25

I throw outside the hashes and everyone who plays me knows I am not a scrambler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-12-2016, 08:42 AM   #20
Rookie

Wow, I'm gonna need a damn notebook. Whatever happened to recruiting and doing whatever you want as long as you play sim. You shouldn't be scrambling with your qb all the time anyways, nobody likes to play against that. If somebody runs hurry up against me I'm running chew clock, not playing a 2 hour game.
Old 01-12-2016, 09:39 AM   #21
MVP

JEJunior's Arena

Quote:
I throw outside the hashes and everyone who plays me knows I am not a scrambler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money_Deuce2
Wow, I'm gonna need a damn notebook. Whatever happened to recruiting and doing whatever you want as long as you play sim. You shouldn't be scrambling with your qb all the time anyways, nobody likes to play against that. If somebody runs hurry up against me I'm running chew clock, not playing a 2 hour game.

Fact is we have somebody who apparently plans on scrambling and rolling out alot in the league so some rule needs to be made for it.. My idea was just an idea, I barely ever scramble either but the rules aren't about me its about the league

Money we dont have any rules yet, you wont need anything lol.. Hopefully there wont be more than 2 or 3 recruiting rules anyway, if we do my setup the only rule will be whatever yal decide on athletes and that plus 3 thing or not

Running chew all game is going to cause alot of problems with other people.. I run no huddle but its not a need, if we want to limit that and chew to 4th quarter or something I wouldn't mind that
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2016, 10:11 AM   #22
OHIO ST8

jhogan3132's Arena

OVR: 25

Chew Clock should only be allowed in the 4th quarter unless we plan on playing 15 minute quarters. With the type of offense I run in the Rivals league I could easily have 5-6 minute drives in an 8 minute quarter with chew clock the entire game. With that being said there are many users I have played against who run the no huddle and the games never go past 1 hour and 20 minutes as evidenced in my youtube channel.

I don't think we should have a plus 3 rule if we are going to make any 1st or 2nd round picks leave. Planning your years worth of recruiting based on the amount of seniors you have leaving only to have 8 underclassmen leave at years end would be a disaster.
Old 01-12-2016, 10:18 AM   #23
All Star

Archsmith99's Arena

OVR: 1

If we go with JR idea of setting the recruiting tree to only allowing 500 instead of 700, then we won't need other recruiting rules. I played 3 seasons in supporters with only being able to put 500 points into recruits. I was able to sign top 10 classes every year but they were small classes.
Old 01-12-2016, 10:23 AM   #24
All Star

Archsmith99's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Chew Clock should only be allowed in the 4th quarter unless we plan on playing 15 minute quarters. With the type of offense I run in the Rivals league I could easily have 5-6 minute drives in an 8 minute quarter with chew clock the entire game. With that being said there are many users I have played against who run the no huddle and the games never go past 1 hour and 20 minutes as evidenced in my youtube channel.

I don't think we should have a plus 3 rule if we are going to make any 1st or 2nd round picks leave. Planning your years worth of recruiting based on the amount of seniors you have leaving only to have 8 underclassmen leave at years end would be a disaster.
I agree with all of this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Online > OS Champions Dynasty »