Home

You know what really grinds my gears?

This is a discussion on You know what really grinds my gears? within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2019, 12:23 PM   #21705
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: You know what really grinds my gears?

Reminds me of the History Channel at times.

PSN: BigGreenZaku

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2019, 10:11 PM   #21706
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

I have 13 bucks in my bank account until Friday so no, not everyone can just afford to go out and get a headlight bulb.

Believe it or not, people really do live paycheck to paycheck and can't afford "simple luxuries".
Old 02-11-2019, 12:03 AM   #21707
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietasterp
When cable networks completely sell-out and totally abandon their original raison d'etre, e.g. MTV (the original example), Bravo, VH1, etc. etc. The latest example that is really bugging me for some reason is the Travel Channel. It used to be one of my favorite channels, but there is literally nothing on now but ghost adventures and stupid paranormal shows. What the hell does any of that even remotely have to do with travel? I suppose I wouldn't mind the occasional off-topic show, and certainly every show doesn't have to be about travel directly, but they literally have no travel programming whatsoever any more. They don't even have any shows that are peripherally about travel, even if by accident (!).

The problem with that strategy is that it's fool's gold. MTV had short-term success with things like 'Jersey Shore' and whatever else, but once they completely abandoned music programming their cache as a network is basically now zero. I haven't turned my TV to that station in decades. I realize I'm out of the target demo, but there's no reason to ever even look at what's on over there (even as music videos for background music). Travel Channel is now in that category, unfortunately.
Clearly the paranormal hunters are traveling to other planes of existence
Old 02-11-2019, 09:24 AM   #21708
MVP

underdog13's Arena

OVR: 0

People don't care about nuance. They don't care about little details. All people seem to care about is generalizations.

Everything has to be black and white, and nobody likes to discuss or talk about anything unique or interesting. I ask someone why they like pork and they'll just tell me "idk i just like it". No detail or emotion.

Also hate how society looks down on people who express emotion and use that as an excuse to portray them as out of control or childish.

What's the point of living life like that?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 02-11-2019, 05:08 PM   #21709
MVP

fatleg3's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
People don't care about nuance. They don't care about little details. All people seem to care about is generalizations.

Everything has to be black and white, and nobody likes to discuss or talk about anything unique or interesting. I ask someone why they like pork and they'll just tell me "idk i just like it". No detail or emotion.

Also hate how society looks down on people who express emotion and use that as an excuse to portray them as out of control or childish.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I had an ex like this. For example, she is a vegan. Me, I’m going to eat whatever I enjoy. But I would try to get a better understanding sometimes of why she is a vegan. We would be talking about something like fish and she would tell me fish is bad for you. I’d ask her why and her response would be, “because it is”. Then I would have to ask her 2-3 more times in different ways why is fish bad for you before she talks about mercury blah blah blah...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-11-2019, 07:00 PM   #21710
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:

People just want to have opinions and say ridiculous things and then get mad/annoyed when they get questioned on it.

It's kinda weird to me but whatever.
Old 02-11-2019, 07:28 PM   #21711
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13

everyone should have a passion. even if its just their work. there's a difference in living and existing. its a sad life that just exists.

A Work in Progress
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2019, 12:49 PM   #21712
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

When a site you've used for years switches to a weird, less intuitive design.

PSN: BigGreenZaku

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »